Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 where is the perineum?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rad

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  12:27:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit rad's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I followed the ayp lesson instruction of pressing hard with on my perineum with the fingers to prevent ejaculation but it still came out. I know its between the anus and testicles. Am i doing it wrong? Do i have to press really hard?

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  11:20:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi rad,
have you tried varying the position a bit, either forward or backwards along the center line? A starting point might be this: if you go just a little over the point of what you can hold back, and then relax, the blocking method might work very easily then while also using a bit of mulabandha. If this is done gently enough, even a light one finger press can be enough. But then again there are variations between people so I don't know how well it will apply, but it is a starting point.
Go to Top of Page

rad

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  7:19:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit rad's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still struggling to block my perineum, I put a lot of pressure on it with my fingers and the semen still comes out.... help!!!
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  02:34:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am not a big fan of the finger blocking method. It is much better to learn to be sensitive to the edge of your "point of no return" and when you feel yourself getting close to slow down or go still until you recover your composure. learning mula bandha helps strengthen the perineum muscles internally which is helpful, but once it is learned it is not a strong contraction at all, more of a "willing" of the energy to rise rather than gush out. It is kind of similar in its way to toilet training, the difference being that you are learning as an adult so there are many technical details that people often focus on that you wouldn't teach a child.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  12:30:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by rad

I followed the ayp lesson instruction of pressing hard with on my perineum with the fingers to prevent ejaculation but it still came out. I know its between the anus and testicles. Am i doing it wrong? Do i have to press really hard?

Hi Rad:

No, you don't have to press "really hard." But you do have to press in the right direction. For blocking to work, the press must go up in the perineum area and forward (toward front of body) against the back of the pubic bone to block the urethra, which comes down through there. See Lesson T5, where it says:
quote:
When orgasm is about to come on, the man puts one or two fingers (usually index and/or middle finger) at the perineum, presses inward and forward against the pubic bone, and blocks the urethra channel that the semen is about to come through. The orgasm still occurs, but the semen is blocked from leaving the body. If the man lets go too soon, the semen can still escape. If he holds the block for a minute or two and then lets go, the semen will be reabsorbed and none will escape.

Blocking is an ancient stop-gap measure that can be used optionally in various modes of sexual relations, or solo. It may be uncomfortable at first, and become more comfortable (and less needed) as our skill in holdback (see Lesson T4) and progress with sitting practices (DM, SBP, etc.) advance over time. Then we will need blocking less, and when we do, it will not be so physically dramatic -- just one more simple technique available at our option to support our evolution toward natural vajroli, which is full time natural upward flow of sexual essences to support human spiritual transformation (see Lesson T30).

Also see Lesson 304 on the "Nectar Cycle," which covers the broader picture on what we are doing with these tantra techniques, and all of yoga.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

rad

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  01:22:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit rad's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you for the reply, i tried again but i failed. I don't know where the pubic bone is. All I know is that I havve to press "forward" toward the front of the body. Will experiment more.
Can anyone show me a diagram or a picture of where the pubic bone is?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000