Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 How long before awareness starts developing?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

astralprojectee

USA
30 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  03:53:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
So my real question is how long would it take for a Tantric practitioner to be able to dissolve awareness into emptiness who has a moderate sex drive?

Any estimated time it would take to develop deeper awareness through Tantra. I can't see myself dedicating a lot of time to tantra in depth but would like to really honestly try it. I know you all talk about utilizing Tantra all throughout the day. I doubt I can do that yet.

Thanks.

draumaz

Denmark
5 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  06:39:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

It would be easier to answer, if you could maybe give a description of your prior experience and things like that... I would say the best way of getting started is to take up a meditation practice. Then take it from there...

best regards

D.
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  11:00:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi astral projectee,
tantra is as good a place as any to start. Have a look through the tantra lessons if you haven't already, found on the AYP menu at the very top right or center. It goes together with the sitting practices (main lessons) so progress with one really depends on the other. It is a long term thing, so the dedication certainly has a place together with the easy steps and more immediate benefits.
Go to Top of Page

astralprojectee

USA
30 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  4:28:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OK let me ask you this. How long was it before your consciousness started increasing throughout the day?
Go to Top of Page

astralprojectee

USA
30 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  5:57:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I read of one person that it took him 2 1/2 years to reach emptiness.

Edited by - astralprojectee on Jul 20 2012 6:15:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  01:52:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi astralprojectee

Your awareness will start to increase when you desire it to, and you begin to give your attention to its increasing.

Yoga practice will help you move in that direction.

Setting your expectations based on the experience of others is a recipe for frustration, in my experience.

Onward astral sibling

3~D
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000