Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Vocalization during DM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

thezuck

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2012 :  4:53:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit thezuck's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Sometimes when Im meditating I got the compulsion to vocalize. Its almost like the energy builds up and to release it, Im motivated to go ..aaaaaahhhhhhhh on my exhale.
Its interesting. I wonder if my wife has heard noises come out of my meditation room.
Anyone?
Shane

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  07:05:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Shane,
Do you follow AYP practices? For AYP - we don't focus on breath. If you feel the urge to do anything other than repeat the mantra sub-vocally - treat it as distraction.

Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  12:56:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shane,
there's always brahmari if it isn't too much yet to add to your SBP. Maybe that will help let the mantra do its thing, unless it is due to DM itself.
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  1:33:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a few times gotten a big sounding vocalization on exhale as well but while doing a slow type of bhastrika, not during DM. It's almost as if I'm watching myself do it cuz it's completely unconscious. Just happens. Then I just go back to doing my practice.
Go to Top of Page

thezuck

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  1:16:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit thezuck's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes...i am following AYP practices. And during practice, i definitely understand the value in treating it like scenery.
Im just inquiring into its purpose I guess. I tend to think all the automatic yoga expressions are serving some sort of purpose.
Aum....
Never heard of brahmari but I googled it and that is exactly what is happening. Interested to know more about it.
In the past, Ive done "brahmari" intuitively as a way to relax....so wow..very interesting. Im thinking that my system is releasing excess kundalini by sounding off.
Thanks all!
Shane
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2012 :  12:51:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Your intuition about automatic yogas corresponds with what the lessons say, though they also mention that deliberately going along with them in most cases leads to excesses and overloads, so better treat it with some measure of care. Brahmari is introduced later on as an enhancement to spinal breathing in the book addition to lesson 229, and a bit here in the glossary.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000