Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 First twenty minutes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  10:44:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I noticed, more often than not, that after 20 minutes of meditating the practice becomes easier, lighter and more enjoyable. The last ten minutes then are pretty much the best. As I said, that happens most of the time, there are also times when the whole half hour is a fight to remain seated, or going the other way, it's very peaceful right from the start.
Any thoughts?

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  12:17:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lmaher22

Any thoughts?

Yeah, that's wonderful, L

I only go 20, but I experience the same as you during the last half or so. It gets more effortless, deeper, and more enjoyable. But it's also normal for your experience to fluctuate at times, e.g. the restless or <negative adjective of your choice> session.

Looks like all is well
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  11:29:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
mucho grats, Cosmic.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  1:32:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Larry,
Just want to say, we dont do deep meditation for more than 20 min. at a time.
Again, remember, our 20 min sit is not to be evaluated and is not for things getting lighter or enjoyable or mindy or a fight. It is just to follow the procedure of repeating the mantra and coming back to it when we lose it. The 20 min in meditation is a procedure we follow to clear inner obstructions so we have access to the inner silence during the periods in-between the sessions.

Don't forget to rest after meditation.

Good things are happening.
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  5:51:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Shanti. I'm still learning.
Larry
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000