Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 LEARNING easiness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

richilincez

Italy
24 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  08:26:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everybody,

every once in a while I need clarification. Practice continues well.

I read Yogani's Lesson 15 - Meditation Q&A – Restlessness.

In a line, he says one has to LEARN easiness, and so he says in others writings too.

The only line I've been reading lately is the basic definition of the DM process, lesson 13.

I have experimented with easiness, like thinking the mantra more lightly. Still, it feels like adding a quality, a layer to it.

So I've come to just repeat it, whatever, and going back to it when I am trying to make it in ANY way, even EASY: it doesn't always feel easy, as i would define it, in this way.
The good thing, is that I feel it totally changes by itself in this second way, because I don't leave space to controlling thoughts.
I even loose myself in a way that still feels conscious: I feel no time passing, still I am there, I am repeating but I don't even know I am, but somehow I do.

So what is this easiness about, and is it learnable consciously through trial and error or it is a natural enfoldment?

Edited by - richilincez on May 24 2012 08:26:59 AM

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  5:58:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My understanding on the instructions to "learn to think the mantra easily, and let it go in" (L15), one picks up the mantra at whatever level left off at (if or when it is lost), and continue along with it. "Easiness" in this context could be defined as favoring the refined-fuzzy level of the mantra as opposed to returning to a clear level as when starting out. Its repetition alone does this, and the only learning (habit) to cultivate is picking it up that fuzzy level, but not deliberately trying to create a fuzzy level which would invite tension from overt concentration, and not relaxation.

So I would guess it arises naturally, and any deliberate trial and error will just stall the whole process, possibly as the mind projects itself as doing something of use when it is really just in the way of the simple procedure.
Go to Top of Page

richilincez

Italy
24 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  12:51:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot for the answer.

The fact is that, after losing the mantra, when noticing this, I cannot recall at which level of refinement I was. So it feels very un-natural to "look" for it and go back to it.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  01:24:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Richilincez,

You are doing it perfectly already. It is a natural enfoldment. No need to go "looking" for where you left off on the mantra, just pick it up where it is.

And feel free to come back with questions anytime. People here are great with advice.

Sey

Go to Top of Page

richilincez

Italy
24 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  07:31:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to all,

Richi
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  09:34:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Discussions are beneficial to all involved, and not just those putting forth questions. Thank you for a great one, in this case. Horizontal transmission model helping AYP along for all involved..
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000