Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 better concentration
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  12:08:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The last few months my conc has gone way up, thank God I hope it stays there. But I cannot no matter how much I try stay on the 'I AM'. My mind just goes all over the place refusing to do it. Monkey brain is not too keen on spinal breathing either. Best I can do is count to ten and backwards to one again and so on. That's the best thing right now for centering my mind. Maybe it will change? My emotions have been a bit better also, though anger and egotism continue to be a huge problem.
Thanks,
Larry

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  01:18:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Larry,

You know what the very best thing about DM is? You don't have to stop thinking or stay on the mantra !!! You are to follow the simple procedure of thinking the mantra, losing it and coming back to it when you find you are off it. Thank God or I would often be pulling my hair out. However, I notice you're talking of concentration. Try relaxing. Concentrating does not work so well during meditation, it kind of gives you a headache.

Peace and Love

Sey
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - May 05 2012 :  6:12:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, I was an ADHD, anxiety ridden mutt my whole life. This ole brain now seems better.
Thanks again,
L
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000