Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Meditation test - Success!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  03:22:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

I would like to share some good news from over here. Today morning I was able to test a 10 minutes deep meditation for the second time now, without getting into overload. Hurray! This makes me very happy and I can see now that I will be probably back to normal at some point and able to resume my yoga practice.

I'm starting my fifth month now without any spiritual activity. It's hard, but I can cope.

Looking forward to join you in practice sisters and bothers.

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  05:13:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah!
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  08:18:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Ichigo

Israel
66 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  12:52:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Care to explain what symptoms are you getting when overloaded? :)
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - May 03 2012 :  4:43:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for being with me!

Ichigo:

Sure, it's strong kriyas and emotional storms. During deep meditation I usually first get a powerful automatic shambavi mudra and perceptions of a rapid immersion. Within few seconds powerful automatic movements develop and my face, neck & belly get into convulsions and spasms. When I keep going I get into intense emotional storms - not very nice

Nothing too bad. The thing is it blocks any progress and probably would get just worse over time. Well, well, I wanted it all at once, now I have to wait...
Go to Top of Page

DoctorWho

USA
47 Posts

Posted - May 11 2012 :  7:11:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's good news mimirom!

I've only experienced relatively mild overload symptoms compared to your situation. But even that sucked. It made me into self-pacing freak. I can only imagine the difficulties you experienced in those months... not to mention the anguish of not being able to practice. Sometime the coach puts us on the bench.

Consequently, I am very careful to make smooth transitions out of DM and into action. I try to rest a full ten minutes. It seems way to long... but I just take a deep breath and chill out anyway. After a particular deep meditation session, I can feel a slight 'pressure' behind both my eyes and nose. Not sure if that even makes sense but it is the best way I can describe it. When I feel that... I know I need to lay down and chill. I am astonished at just how deep DM can take you that one needs to sometimes 'recover' from it haha.

Of course, I do not know your details. You may just be a sensitive meditator. Either way best of luck to you! Slow and steady wins the race. Join me as a fellow self-pacing freak!

Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - May 13 2012 :  5:07:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Doc,

thanks for sharing. You are being wise to take it slowly. I take 10 minutes or more of rest after practices quite often (when I can) and that's good practice. If you fall asleep for a while, even better. Take your time. The pressure behind your eyes is a natural effect of practices and many are getting it. It is a part of the transformational process going on in your brain.

Edited by - mimirom on May 13 2012 5:09:47 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000