Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Arousal in Satsang Cafe
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ClearAvatar

Ghana
12 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  2:13:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,
I thought this was a place for issues concerning Satsang Cafe or retreat meetings and experiences. However I have tried identifying such a thread without success. So I have decided to ask it here.

I often get aroused during Pranayama and DM after Asana Starter kit. Even when the physical response dies down I can still feel some a similar pleasant sensation tinged with heat in my body for while before it goes off.

Recently I have been thinking of distributing a leaflet introducing students to yoga and what it can do by presenting my take on AYP and recommending the website. I should have done that earlier but delayed due to some personal difficulties. Soon however I will be printing it out for distribution anyway. I perceive the possibility of people seeking to meet and learn the techniques or practicing them. Unfortunately after distribution, I will be leaving school for good.

The above notwithstanding, I have been wondering whether or not in Retreats or group meetings where Asanas, SBP and DM are practised if some members experience this especially in the presence of the opposite sex. If so how is it dealt with? Or is it the case that the group dynamic prevents such a thing from taking place.

And please provide an easier to reach the key subject forums. Thank you.

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  05:03:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello ClearAvtar,
The following is the topic under which the planned retreats and meetings are mentioned.
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=41

I can't really answer the other concerns / questions of yours.
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - May 02 2012 :  11:02:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ClearAvatar,

Each forum has at least one sticky topic (for example, Satsang Cafe's is http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=348) that describes what it is about, in addition to other important announcements or group events that are kept up to date. The AYP Helpers forum should provide some useful resources if you are looking to pass the word on AYP.

The 'lessons' from SFP book mention the value of being tactful to manage various situations.

For more specific questions on some of the subjects you mention, you might find it useful searching through or posting in the Tantra forum.
Go to Top of Page

ClearAvatar

Ghana
12 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  3:21:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your responses and the links.
Just checking them up.
Go to Top of Page

Medea

Netherlands
115 Posts

Posted - May 19 2012 :  06:37:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ClearAvatar,

yes, physical arousal can initially be felt, especially when starting Spinal Breathing Pranayama. Over time however, you will notice that this arousal is transformed and doesn't feel sexual any more. This is a result of the sublimation of sexual energy through spiritual practices. Normally you will notice this transition in a few weeks or months.

I've attended a few (non-AYP)retreats, but this never has been an issue for me, and I've never noticed anyone else having problems with this. I think when it's clear to you that these sensations are caused by practices, there is no danger of projecting them on another person. Hope this helps!
Go to Top of Page

ClearAvatar

Ghana
12 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  07:23:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot Medea.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 25 2012 :  08:55:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ClearAvatar,
I agree with Medea, "yes, physical arousal can initially be felt, especially when starting Spinal Breathing Pranayama. Over time however, you will notice that this arousal is transformed and doesn't feel sexual any more.".... it feels more like "the after" you have written about here... "Even when the physical response dies down I can still feel some a similar pleasant sensation tinged with heat in my body for while before it goes off. "

I have not been to any other retreats other than the AYP retreat, but all the AYP retreats that I have attended feel more heart oriented. There is a feeling of openness and a feeling of a lot of loving, but it feels like very heart centered. Many at the retreat, let go the stress they are carrying with them and feel grateful for a space they can be themselves, share openly and not feel judged. You have no idea how big that is. Also, along with high energy there is a lot of stillness which helps integrate the energy.

Also, if you'd like to exeperience how a group meditation feels, join us for the Weekly Global Meditation and Healing Samyama

I do hope you hold some workshops at your school. Candles lighting candles . Thank you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000