Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Amrita/Soma cycle question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  02:49:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
OK so I've had this lovely Amrita thing happening lately. With a feeling of such joy that comes after my practices. It's as if I never felt so happy. This has so far happened just a few times. But the Amrita is a confirmation that this yoga thing is not fantasy. It's real.
Anyway my question concerns this.. I do jala neti just before practice, then asanas, then pranayama, then DM. I have lately had a rather drippy post nasal drip that shows up during pranayam and I find I have to stop and use a kleenex before proceeding etc. Then because this Amrita has appeared, it ocurred to me that this may be also part of the Amrita/Soma cycle process?? So should I forget the kleenex/spitting and just swallow so as not to loose whatever is part of the cycle? Does this make sense to those of you who have been through this?

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  08:25:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Amrita does feel like a post nasal drip at times. Yep swallow away if it does not gross you out.
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  2:13:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think I'm too happy to be grossed out .
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  5:19:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  02:19:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey LittleTurtle, so glad to hear about it...

I also happened to experience amrita for the first time. It started this way... I was feeling ajna pressure both in the front side and the back side for more than a month. Around one week ago, it became much more than easily bearable and this continued for three days, on and off. It was giving me a feeling that something is going to happen. That evening, in my office, it again started exerting too much pressure, as if it wants to make a hole between my brows. Spontaneously my eyes closed, hands were placed on the desk and formed a Namaste position attached to my forehead, and I was praying that “please make a way and move on, it’s too much for me, I have work to do, a life to live…” And then it happened, for the first time the pressure made a way towards inside, something popped inside and above my nose, and the backside of my mouth filled with a fragrance. However, more than just fragrance, there was a feeling of an openness about it. It went on with a dripping feeling, and my nose and mouth started to feel mushy and oily. Overall it was a great feeling.

The pressure reduced after that but it was still there. This along with the mushy feeling inside was like as if I have been punched on my nose (I know that as I was hit by a cricket ball once while playing) minus the pain. After seven days, the dripping feeling and openness is still there but reduced, and the oiliness is gone.

For little background, I had been through my first soma cycle some two weeks before this. Another point I would like to post that, due to the ajna pressure overload, and strained neck and heart area (later is gone now, so I am planning to start my grounding asanas at last), I am away from all my practice since last one and half month.

Thank you and namaste Yogani and everybody. Life means so much more after coming here .

Love
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  03:35:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yay! Glad you posted this Swan.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  08:31:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is awesome Swan.
This also shows how self pacing is still a part of our practices. Just becasue we are being wise and self pace, does not mean what we have worked toward goes away, just means we are taking a break to integrate all the benefits we have got from it. We will know when it is time to go back to our sitting practices. Very nice.
Thank you for sharing
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  12:37:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very true Shanti... self pacing has been an intense session for me to watch accumulated stuffs taking right place and restoring the balance. No 'left out from practice' feeling is there, and no anxiousness to get back to sitting practice (as it used to be once ), though I would dearly like to as soon as possible. Let's see when I get the call again, till then .... chilling
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  05:09:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all. Do the amrita/soma impact the body weight?
I have gained a little in past couple of weeks, which is unusual for me and a good thing, me being underweight. As I look back, there were not much change in my diet or routine, only big change being experiencing soma and then amrita.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  05:19:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Swan

quote:
Originally posted by Swan

Do the amrita/soma impact the body weight?

I don't know how it all played out for others, but for me, I gained 20lbs(!!!) in a month. Went from 140lbs (which had been my standard weight for probably somewhere close to a decade) up to 160lbs which was quite a bit more than I have ever weighed before or since. After maybe 6 months or so I went down to about 150lbs where I have stayed for over a year now.

Love!
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  1:18:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing Carson!

May be I am also heading that way. Like you said, my weight also has been persistent at the same level during the last decade.

love ...
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  8:18:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been slowly losing weight most probably due to switching to an (almost) vegan diet. Better for me to not gain weight due to cranky joints.

Edited by - LittleTurtle on Apr 30 2012 02:00:37 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000