Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Strength Exercises Yoga and Fasting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

breakbodyego

Australia
3 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  8:33:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello All,

I am on a fasting regime right now. I am starting off with just one meal a day and then my teacher will see how I handle it. If I do well, I will progress to 7 day and even 36 day fasts..

However, I am afraid that by cutting down to one meal per day, my body muscles will lose its strength.

My question would be.. has anyone ever do any strength exercises while on fasts?

I am not talking about weight-lifting but basic strength exercises like push-ups, pullups, squats and leg raises.

I am not fan of weight-lifting gyms because i feel weights put unnatural pressures on the body.

The book Convict Conditioning opens my mind up to the world of progressive calisthenics.

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  06:02:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes the lady in the article quit eating altogether and died. The difference is fasting is a temporary cleansing process with every intention of eating again at the end. Everyone fasts every day, and then breaks that fast with a meal called "breakfast"! The lady heard that yogis can live on sunshine alone, and quit eating. That's like hearing some yogis fly, and jumping off a building!

I guarantee she stopped eating for way more than 7 days, although 36 is risky until you work up to it over a long period of time to make sure your system can handle it. Fasting should be done gradually. We already do 8 to 12 hours, so try 24 hours first. Start in the morning because you are already fasting. Drink water. It only takes three days of no water to kill you.

Of course, check with your doctor, but fasting is good for most people because it causes additional cleaning, and most people don't get enough inner cleaning.
Check out this article:
(If they ask you to join the email list to read the article, it is free and safe, and easy to quit):

http://blogs.mercola.com/sites/vita...r-heart.aspx

"Fasting lowers your risk of coronary artery disease and diabetes, but also can cause significant changes in your blood cholesterol levels."

The study also found an increase in human growth hormone which is extremely beneficial, and usually lacking as we grow older.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  06:06:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't exercise while fasting - you are liable to burn up one muscle to build another. If you are conditioned to burn fat you will burn fat while fasting, but prob some muscle too. Better to be eating while exercising as inner silence says.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000