Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Advice needed !
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shavarin

India
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  10:04:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,
This is my first post on AYP forums.

I have been doing meditation for last one year and 9 months, quite regularly and in a disciplined way, twice a day for around 30 minutes.
My practice involves concentrating on third eye with meditating on "OM" with a short session of pranayama before the meditation. howwever during this period I have had not experienced any visions although I noticed a calmness in my attitude.

I feel very lucky and blessed that I came across AYP forums and website and have read almost 100+ lessons. And since then I have incorporated "Spinal Breathing" practice from last two weeks with Mulabanda, Sambhavi (which I am quite familiar with).

I want some advice here that:
a). Since I have been meditating on third eye in the past, so during DM now my eyes automatically go up there and a vibration starts. Can I just concentrate on my third eye naturally in DM or not?

b). The mantra I AM is to be repeated continuously or said once and then left? And when a thought come then repeat the mantra?

c)Can I add mantra enhancement Shree Shree I am Iam to have greater peaceful effects?

d)Can I do more than 20 minutes (although not recommended in lessons)?

How can I make my session more fruitful?

Please advise. Thanks

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  12:19:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Greetings Shavarin,

A) Check out this lesson regarding favoring a physical location in conjunction with favoring the repetition of the mantra:
The Solar Centering Enhancement - http://www.aypsite.org/368.html

B) The repetition of the mantra is to be easily favored when you realize you're off it. This includes when your awareness is both inside and outside of thought-streams.

C) As with any additional enhancement/practice that is added, it's important that the baseline practice is stable and smooth enough before switching gears to a higher level. So, you have to ask yourself if there's enough stillness and stability in using I AM before proceeding to SHREE SHREE I AM I AM. I prematurely jumped to the 1st enhancement and found that I was spinning my wheels and not making much progress. So I returned to I AM for about six months and have only recently incorporated the 1st enhancement with great results. But the lesson was: slow and steady wins the race. You will know your unique timeline. All in good time.

D) This question falls in line with question (C): having enough baseline stability before increasing the dosage. If there's still clunkiness and volatility in the 20-minute span, better to hold off before increasing the time. This is all part of self-pacing and beginning to trust your intuition. It's a balance between running wild with bhakti and being realistic about the nature of gradual progress. I'm like you!--full of wild bhakti--but I've also had to be honest about my level of stability. Again, you will know when the time is right.

Godspeed on your journey, and glad you're here.

P.S. Here's two good lesson about the automatic acoustics of the mantra sounds within the nervous system (you may have already stumbled across them). But these are helpful and reassuring in realizing that the sounds themselves have particular resonating qualities that will purify our system--regardless of whether or not we're focused on a location:
http://www.aypsite.org/59.html
http://www.aypsite.org/188.html

Edited by - Bodhi Tree on Mar 27 2012 2:43:56 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000