Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Tantra and Vasectomy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gamabunta

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2012 :  3:03:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

The thought of getting a Vasectomy has always been a very disturbing thought to me. Maybe I instinctively know it's wrong, who knows? Then I started thinking about the implications on tantric practices. So I am curious to hear your thoughts on the matter. Is a Vasectomy the ultimate way of conserving your seed? Or will it prevent the movement of sexual energy upward as the sperm is traped forever in the genitals and will not move to the bladder? Or does it have no effect whatsoever?

Thanks

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2012 :  03:59:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had a vasectomy 6 years ago. It is definitely not the ultimate method for saving seed energy. My energy cycle is pretty much the same as it was and build up of energy or fatigue from energy loss is the same. It does seem to be easier to go for longer cycles than it used to be and I feel slightly less sexual tension in general, but I wouldn't say that that is necessarily to be expected (could be from getting older or deepening AYP practices). My yoga hasn't suffered any and feelings of energetic conductivity are essentially the same. Psychologically it can have effect if the possibility of future children is important to you or to your present (or future) partner. Sexually it hasn't effected performance any and certainly helps relax any worries of accidental pregnancy.
Go to Top of Page

Louie

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2012 :  1:24:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had a vasectomy a few years ago and I agree with Victor that it is not a silver bullet solution for conserving sexual energy. The physical energy of sperm is only one part of the equation. The seminal fluid also contains a large amount of energy and nutrients that are lost when you ejaculate.

It is also true that men who have a vasectomy can experience a drop in sexual energy. The body figures out that the sperm it produces is not going anywhere and it slows down production. This can be countered by staying sexually active and doing self massage.

Having said that, I think that the tantra community in general is overly obsessed with semen retention. It is true that there is a lot of life force in sperm and it should not be wasted in frivolous ways. However, it is not necessary to conserve every last drop in order to make spiritual process. There is no need to go to extremes.
Go to Top of Page

thetantrateacher

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  10:21:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit thetantrateacher's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey guys, It is about the energy not just the physical seed that is released. It is also about the fact that ejaculation is actually the mechanism of a final muscular contraction and part of Ejaculation Mastery is not not let that last contraction happen as well as not allowing the fluid (semen) to escape. If it does release, even if you block it from coming out your penis it was still an ejaculation.
Most people are not teaching this correctly and hence most men are not being entirely successful.

once true ejaculation mastery has been achieved an you realize the energetic benefits. Up until then you can just get a part of the puzzle
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  02:36:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thetantrateacher is right. The blocking method might be a stopgap in the learning process but its not really something to stay with very long as it doesn't really have the desired effect
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000