Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Question About Pranayama
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ichigo

Israel
66 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  12:51:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I was always wondering if for example I am doing a certain Pranayama Technique which should be done 20 min a day, and I have a hard time doing the full 20 min and I am able to do only 3 times each time.. would I still be able to get all the benefits of it if through the day I do each time 3 min till end of the day till I get to 20 min? would it be the same?

Thanks..

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  6:35:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are not talking about spinal breathing right?

You do spinal breathing for only 10 min max twice a day, and only during practices. You don't do it all day.

But I cannot tell you about other pranayamas. Maybe someone else can help.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  10:27:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you do jogging 7 times per day for 3 min, will it have the same effect as jogging once per day, but for 21 min?

3 min is like warming the car, you don't start driving. Or like driving in the first gear and then stopping. Then again warming, starting and before you drive too long, you stop. In the end try and see. Even 20min is not much in terms of pranayama, except it is combined with something like DM.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000