Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Equivalent to "Holy Spirit" in other traditions?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

beetsmyth

USA
104 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  1:05:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit beetsmyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I come to you guys studying advanced yoga, and Advaita, from the Christian path, which I undertook roughly a decade or so ago. Initially it was very dogmatic and fundamentalist (Our way or the highway type)

However, after water baptism, I was indwelled through the top of the head with a Higher intelligence, it felt like Ego death, and was an actual presence that would float around my place (which other people could sense)

This started me off on the Mystical path, since as a result of that experience, I have all sorts of energetic flows, transcendence, etc.

I am wondering if there are other traditions that mention this Holy Spirit activation? Some say it is the same as Shakti, however I disagree as Shakti seems to be the Kundalini from bottom of spine then up experience. Whereas this has been from the top of the head down.

Edited by - AYPforum on Mar 16 2012 1:27:26 PM

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  3:21:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Beetsmyth, in Kabbalistic and Thelemic traditions, this is known as drawing down the light of Kether. When I first started doing energy work some years ago (before I started AYP or knew anything about any of this stuff ;), I found it much easier to draw this "spiritual" energy down than to draw the "earth" (shakti) energy up. The two energies felt vastly different to me - the energy drawn from above the head had a much lighter, "white", personal feel to it, and the shakti energy had much more rawness to its power.

We are children of earth and spirit, and both sources of power are our birthright - one might even conjecture that one of our responsibilities, being such hybrids, is to learn to incorporate both energies fully, thus fusing heaven and earth within our bodies :)

Blessings on your path :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000