Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Quickest way to merge with the Absolute?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  6:23:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Satchmo
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  12:31:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

shall we start a new romantic age in the 21st century?

I already have. Or been riding the wave of it anyways

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  02:57:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Satchmo

Pops.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  09:30:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A partner gives so many chances to SEE what's left of the mud. The cleansing is pushed to the max. From a platform of relational inquiry it is a fabulous ride! Yeeehaaa! And the falling in love is a constant free fall in Divine Love - it is beyond the person and it IS the person, since the partner also is This. The emotional falling in love with the person is also included. Seen for what it is. Allowed. Then the love of the partner becomes the love of God or Life or That... It's a bonus to have a partner who also has a platform of relational inquiry! Truly, an amazing ride.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  3:09:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So if my cleansing is already pushed to the max, it's not recommended?
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  4:02:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
So if my cleansing is already pushed to the max, it's not recommended?

off course it is recommended...this will make you 100% sure that yr cleansing is pushed to the max and nothing was left out
besides, can you really avoid Love when it presents itself?
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2012 :  11:21:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

A partner gives so many chances to SEE what's left of the mud. The cleansing is pushed to the max. From a platform of relational inquiry it is a fabulous ride! Yeeehaaa! And the falling in love is a constant free fall in Divine Love - it is beyond the person and it IS the person, since the partner also is This. The emotional falling in love with the person is also included. Seen for what it is. Allowed. Then the love of the partner becomes the love of God or Life or That... It's a bonus to have a partner who also has a platform of relational inquiry! Truly, an amazing ride.

Amen, sista

You can't escape your "stuff" in such a relationship. You must face it and learn to deal with it (i.e. accept it, which leads to greater self-love). If you're super blessed, all your fears and insecurities come out into the light. Everything from the past, your conditioning, old relationship dynamics, parental issues, etc. come up to be burned away.

The love is so deep and unconditional, it's unimaginable. It's like loving God and being loved by God in the other. I feel so blessed to be in a relationship like that. And I can see how this path can be faster in some ways (and more liberating) than sitting in a cave.

AUM [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  06:35:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
If you're super blessed, all your fears and insecurities come out into the light. Everything from the past, your conditioning, old relationship dynamics, parental issues, etc. come up to be burned away.

so true ...this was my case in all my relationships.....i am put in relationships that push my buttons exactly where i need it the most....but now i am numb hahahaha...this particular aspect has been cleaned fair enough hahaha..still need to work on other aspects of life though....
here comes the junk ,welcome it and embrace it with Love hahaha
sorry i am having those weird laughs today....hehehe
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  06:40:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
M have you been on the Vodka Martinis again .....shaken not shtirred I will see if Moneypenny has a hangover cure.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  07:34:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cosmic

[quote]

You can't escape your "stuff" in such a relationship. You must face it and learn to deal with it (i.e. accept it, which leads to greater self-love). If you're super blessed, all your fears and insecurities come out into the light. Everything from the past, your conditioning, old relationship dynamics, parental issues, etc. come up to be burned away.

Sounds like exactly what I'm going through without a relationship. Every one of those including "old relationship dynamics", and right on the border of overload; sometimes crossing over. . .
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  08:17:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Etherfish, I'm the first to congratulate you to such a journey! Solo cleansing at its best!

cosmic, yes to that! Parental and family issues overall, since the partner will present a whole family karma to join.

The immediate feed-back on something that is not True is fabulous. For the first time I've met a partner who is interpreting such feed-back the way intended, and we have marvellous mutual exchange.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  1:33:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Karl completely sober over here...since 'one" can not do much is triggering so much laughing over here hehehe
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  2:02:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

@Karl completely sober over here...since 'one" can not do much is triggering so much laughing over here hehehe

I know, spent many a week in fits of laughter, then gloriously grounded, then expanded, then a sort of self contemplation and back to the giggling.

I think it's like a mountain. It's a hard slog to the top and then it's euphoric as you gain the summit, next it's giggling as you run and roll down the other side and at the bottom it's all relaxed, beautifully still and has a feeling of incredible clarity. then treck out to the start of the slog back up.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  2:38:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
then treck out to the start of the slog back up.

yes i am expecting this to happen
Go to Top of Page

DoctorWho

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  8:01:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

So very true. I used to think I was "burdened" by having a wife and daughter...that I would be better off in a cave in the Himalayas.

BAH! I'm so grateful for the challenges (and blessings) that come with having a family and having to consider others over my own singular, ego-centered concerns. And damned if If I didn't know what unconditional love was until I had a child. Wow...quantum leap in learning to shelf the ego if there ever was one. I am right where I need to be.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  9:32:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Sounds like exactly what I'm going through without a relationship.

That's wonderful, Ether

Being alone has its value too. What seems to be key is whether you're utilizing your life, regardless of its content, for greater liberation.

Glad you're in the fire too

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  11:19:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorWho

I'm so grateful for the challenges (and blessings) that come with having a family and having to consider others over my own singular, ego-centered concerns. And damned if If I didn't know what unconditional love was until I had a child. Wow...

This.

Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2012 :  11:48:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorWho

[quote]

BAH! I'm so grateful for the challenges (and blessings) that come with having a family and having to consider others over my own singular, ego-centered concerns. And damned if If I didn't know what unconditional love was until I had a child. Wow...quantum leap in learning to shelf the ego if there ever was one. I am right where I need to be.

Wow!...that insight is very much appreciated _/\_!
Go to Top of Page

crazymandrew

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2012 :  12:40:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit crazymandrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lately my I've changed my mind about slowing the ego. I think it's more about slowing down desire. When I do this for about an our or two at night, I do feel my awareness losing attachment. I've practiced awareness a lot in previous months and it does feel good but when the thought machine fires up again negative feelings can return.

Minimizing desire has been working for me lately. I agree with the buddha on this one for sure. Desire really is the fuel behind suffering.

I like to remind myself if you I'm too anxiousness for results than desire is flaring up!
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2012 :  04:39:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is quickly achieved by DM and the rise of the witness. Desires can then be examined as thoughts from a neutral perspective.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  01:03:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear beetsmyth,
Everybody has already given excellent answers to your question, "What is the quickest way to merge with the Absolute?" I would just like to reiterate the point, that the question itself creates the illusion of separation from the Absolute. As my teacher Mark Whitwell says, "God does not need to be found; God is not absent." There is nothing to achieve, the Oneness already is. So, the purpose of our yoga practices (such as DM and spinal breathing) is to remove the obstructions which prevent us from knowing That, and in the process, to enjoy It now. No need to wait! In DM we can experience the Oneness, at least for a moment. And you said you have had "glimpses." Gradually with regular practice - fueled by bhakti! - it begins to spill over into the rest of our life, until it becomes our everyday reality.

And that, of course, is what you are really after. You said:

"Life here is abrasive and feels so wrong. Sex, food, hunger, ambition, the body, ....all feels so alien... My only outlet us to be in some permanent state that I only glimpse now and then and do whatever it takes to never ever have to come back to earth."

I can totally sympathize with that comment, as I remember feeling exactly the same way in the past! However, ultimately Divine Union, or whatever you want to call It, is not a matter of escaping from life in the body. Rather, we use our embodied experience as part of our yoga, offer up everything in the fire of bhakti and are thereby transformed. Because you are having a negative experience of embodiment, in addition to doing DM and spinal breathing I would recommend also doing asana (or some physical activity that you enjoy, such as swimming, running, lifting weights, etc.) as a "discipline of pleasure" to help integrate your bodily experience into your spiritual practice.

As far as which particular technique/s are "quickest," it depends on the person. I am recommending AYP practices because it is a good solid system, well organized and easy to follow. I personally have found Heart of Yoga to be highly effective also. HOWEVER, I sometimes suspect that all techniques are merely "something to do" until the ripe fruit is ready to fall from the tree of its own accord. So any good system that feels right to you, should serve just fine. I hope that is helpful. Much Love to you.

Edited by - Radharani on Apr 18 2012 4:37:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2012 :  8:54:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

emc, Yes! I really like what you said about Divine Love in and through one's partner. it is such a blessing.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000