Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Quickest way to merge with the Absolute?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  04:18:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Karl,

Ego is a part of You. The ego dont do anything cz its not real.Decitions and actions come spontaneously from the Source. Seems that the ego is the author of actions but its not true...life just happens and ego has 0% of power of decision. Life decide. Not u.Not the ego. Its not possible for thoughts to decide. They are just toughts creating and hologram called ego.

The ilusion seems very real but its a fake.

Your birth was not decided by you but you were born. Life did it.so with all things that happens in "you" life.

You have 0% of power over "your" life.I mean the false karl. The real You "decides" so to say...but its not an entity.Its the totality and its impersonal.

Edited by - miguel on Apr 04 2012 04:41:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  04:50:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by miguel

Hi Karl,

Ego is a part of You. The ego dont do anything cz its not real.Decitions and actions come spontaneously from the Source. Seems that the ego is the author of actions but its not true...life just happens and ego has 0% of power of decision. Life decide. Not u.Not the ego. Its not possible for a thought to decide. Its just aa tought.

Ego is part of you and that is all that is necessary here.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  05:11:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok.
Go to Top of Page

mikkiji

USA
219 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2012 :  10:03:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit mikkiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Quick" is a relative term here... Perhaps better to substitute "Best" way to "merge with the Absolute." After two near-death experiences (those are VERY instructive, but not recommended...!), at ages 13 and 47, plus 42 years of meditation and spending time with two Self-realized people--my Zen roshi Nippo Syaku for a year (1970-71) and Maharishi Mahesh Yogi for two years (1974-76) in ashram--my advice is to live fully in the present moment, practice meditation for 20 minutes twice a day without fail, do what you know to be right and don't do what you know to be wrong. It seems too simple to be possible, but most everything else is a distraction.
Michael
Go to Top of Page

showup

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2012 :  4:42:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit showup's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl
You can't stop the Ego because you are the Ego. It disappears completely when you are unconscious or in deep sleep, the rest of the time it's as wide awake as you are because it is you.

Well... it is possible to stop ego... I mean if you are in nirvikalpa samadhi you alredy stoped ego...

Does this makes any sense?
Go to Top of Page

beetsmyth

USA
104 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2012 :  7:44:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit beetsmyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Karl,

Your birth was not decided by you but you were born. Life did it.so with all things that happens in "you" life.

I definitely remember pre-existing and being shown earth and what it means to be born here. I was hesitant and saw this world as an upside down hell hole of sort and wanted nothing to do with it.

Then was told "we're all connected", and that "God wants you to make it a better place than it was before" .....I still wonder whether I was tricked or if God really wanted this ....because I was basically like, "Oh God wants me to be born ...well who am I to argue ...so I reluctantly came here ...and since being a kid I have never been at home in this place.

Life here is abrasive and feels so wrong. Sex, food, hunger, ambition, the body, ....all feels so alien. So I cant agree that we did not choose to be born. I have found others who have remembered pre-existing and one guy also remembers fighting tooth and nail not to come here but was forced into it anyway.

My only outlet us to be in some permanent state that I only glimpse now and then and do whatever it takes to never ever have to come back to earth.

Oh, and I remember myself as Pure Awareness ....more so a Unit of Awareness.
Go to Top of Page

crazymandrew

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  02:38:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit crazymandrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by beetsmyth

quote:

Hi Karl,

I definitely remember pre-existing and being shown earth and what it means to be born here. I was hesitant and saw this world as an upside down hell hole of sort and wanted nothing to do with it.

Then was told "we're all connected", and that "God wants you to make it a better place than it was before" .....I still wonder whether I was tricked or if God really wanted this ....because I was basically like, "Oh God wants me to be born ...well who am I to argue ...so I reluctantly came here ...and since being a kid I have never been at home in this place.

Life here is abrasive and feels so wrong. Sex, food, hunger, ambition, the body, ....all feels so alien. So I cant agree that we did not choose to be born. I have found others who have remembered pre-existing and one guy also remembers fighting tooth and nail not to come here but was forced into it anyway.

My only outlet us to be in some permanent state that I only glimpse now and then and do whatever it takes to never ever have to come back to earth.

I can relate to this. I don't understand why my spirit would ever consent to a life like this. This place is so fear drivin and crazy.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  04:10:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Find out where this 'place' is. find out where lust and greed come from.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  04:29:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by showup

quote:
Originally posted by karl
You can't stop the Ego because you are the Ego. It disappears completely when you are unconscious or in deep sleep, the rest of the time it's as wide awake as you are because it is you.

Well... it is possible to stop ego... I mean if you are in nirvikalpa samadhi you alredy stoped ego...

Does this makes any sense?

Oh it makes perfect sense because it is a permanent state. If it is not a permanent state then it is an illusion. Stopping and starting the Ego is temporary suspension, temporary states are not real.

The picture that you have is of separate objects, you don't understand that you are the one and the many. There is no need to discuss dissolution of the Ego because only when it is, will it be. There will be no need of discussion when the Ego is permanently dissolved.

You see, just attend to your practices and studies, do what is right always.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  08:41:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Only the i thought think that decides. But theres no free will. Life happens without a driver. No real separate entity. Just ilusion.Life is in God´s hands so to say.100%.

In my opinion those experiences that u talk about happens.And dont know how or why... But i think its the ego. It doesnt want to accept its non existence and create other lifes and that kind of things. Its just my opinion. The ilusore entity, the soul...it doesnt exist in my opinion.

Mind and body die after death. So all sense of ego, entity,doer dies cz its created by the mind. there only remains the awarenes but its absolutely impersonal and itis the same awareness for "everybody". Dont know what happens with that awareness after death. Some say it turn it light off like in deep sleep and there only remains the absolute. Dont know excatly. This is a more advanced comprehension and im not in that point of comprehension now.

Edited by - miguel on Apr 07 2012 09:28:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

beetsmyth

USA
104 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  3:51:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit beetsmyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Only the i thought think that decides. But theres no free will. Life happens without a driver. No real separate entity. Just ilusion.Life is in God´s hands so to say.100%.

In my opinion those experiences that u talk about happens.And dont know how or why... But i think its the ego. It doesnt want to accept its non existence and create other lifes and that kind of things. Its just my opinion. The ilusore entity, the soul...it doesnt exist in my opinion.

Mind and body die after death. So all sense of ego, entity,doer dies cz its created by the mind. there only remains the awarenes but its absolutely impersonal and itis the same awareness for "everybody". Dont know what happens with that awareness after death. Some say it turn it light off like in deep sleep and there only remains the absolute. Dont know excatly. This is a more advanced comprehension and im not in that point of comprehension now.

Was reading "I Am That" a few weeks ago, just a few pages, as I have read the whole thing a few times. And in it, Nisargadatta says something to the effect of, (paraphrased) ...it's not just the Oneness(Nonduality) but it also duality, and also both, and also none.

I think when the One is realized, where there is no other, then the perspective is taken that there is only the One, but then the many is seen as extension of One, and then none and then both, and then all.

My rememberence of pre-existing came from somewhere deep within. It was not from the ego mind. It was only later that the mind made sense of it that it was the Me before there was a Me here on earth.

I also find that some teachers simply stop at realizing awareness and the Absolute, and yet in that Oneness it is as it is devoid of everything yet full of all. But where's the Love? It eventuallyc omes pouring out from some core aspect of who we are, some point in the Middle of the chest. In a sense, finding the source of Love... if you Love someone...where does that Love come from? It is the soul located deep within.... yet another point of the Oneness put a point of Love....

Ehhh ...enuff w/ the words off to practice.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  07:54:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
My rememberence of pre-existing came from somewhere deep within. It was not from the ego mind. It was only later that the mind made sense of it that it was the Me before there was a Me here on earth.

This is the memory and it comes from the mind. And the mind born and dies.Ego doesnt want to die and invent all kind of excuses... The big Me is absolutely impersonal. It just is and has no labels. It doesnt belong to "you" and its the same for "everybody"...

quote:
I also find that some teachers simply stop at realizing awareness and the Absolute, and yet in that Oneness it is as it is devoid of everything yet full of all. But where's the Love? It eventuallyc omes pouring out from some core aspect of who we are, some point in the Middle of the chest. In a sense, finding the source of Love... if you Love someone...where does that Love come from? It is the soul located deep within.... yet another point of the Oneness put a point of Love....

Love happens. Theres no core, no point in the middle of nowhere, finding the source, the soul, deep within are just thougts. Love comes from that. It just happens. Only the mind create locations...
And love is a tought also, a label. You know, many times we call love to dependance for example. This is an important point also cz we mistake love with egotic dependance. Love just is and is one atributte of oneness or conscioussness or call it like u want. When you love somebody its cz conscioussness is recognizing its own self in the other person. Theres no separation.We are pieces of the same puzzle.

This is how i see the game..reality is very dissapointing for the ego...

I am not fully awakened so to say...but parcial awakening brought many important comprehensions here. And that comprehensions dont happen in the mind. Its a direct comprehension.

Edited by - miguel on Apr 08 2012 08:12:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

axelschlotzhauer

Germany
150 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  12:40:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by beetsmyth

Listen, life is short. Filled with good and bad. Some are healthy and some are sick and have limited time here. So my question to you guys is whats the quickest way to realize and be in permanent Oneness, the Absolute, Union, Enlightenment, etc ????

I understand this site deals much with the body and the energetic processes, however not all paths go this route. Some go directly into realization, and then later all the channel work commences.

Some say the Advaita route (resting as awareness), others say Anapanasati (Bhudda's path of Awareness of breath), while still others say Bhakti.

Whats your take?

<<<<<<

Again you opinion without quote that channel work begins after realization in the absolute. You should explain the paradox why realization needs afterwords channel work. It can exist as I demonstrated in the other string were normal taichi is already linked to the absolute till inification with it.

But this is not the usual experience and knowledge with it. so I see no need for further argument.

Channel or meridian work is a medium, soul or astral level with pictures you pretend to have till a light within.

Such a level is already in the foundation of this level with the tube at the spine like in the death process having fine and sweet subtle energies on heart level, concentric circles and a star on eye brow level. Here ends the foundation for a safe opening of the crown chakra. Bu later lessons go further.

As I got channels and similar arrangement by the Steiner exercises having kundalini fire or awareness by his theosophical initiations like Annie Besant and the enormous cleansing process of Krishnamurti in the foundation.It could be similar here.But in my case it mixed with yogic and Rinzai Zen fields and exercises by book influences.

So a clearer description could be possible for you wath you have realized or not.

Axel

Go to Top of Page

KechariConfusion

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  2:19:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Quickest way is dark retreat for a month. Someone has to deliver food every day.
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  3:32:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beetsmyth,

There are three teachings, with three very complimentary spiritual practices, that I recommend.

AYP - Spinal Breathing and DM, twice daily.

Why: Simply the most powerful spiritual practice I'm aware of. Primarily cultivation of inner silence is most important thing.

Jed McKenna - First two books (spiritual incorrect enlightenment / spiritual enlightenment the damnedest thing)
Why: Primarily for the spiritual practice described in his book: spiritual autolysis. It's a process of becoming completely self-reliant, with one-pointed pursuit of truth, questioning the validity of your every single belief and thought, and essentially putting your entire egoic structure through the shredder. In addition, Jed slices off a lot of crap surrounding enlightenment, so you don't get any mystical experiences, pleasant emotions, bliss, joy, or whatever confused with abiding non-dual awareness.

Liberation Unleashed (liberationunleashed.com/)
Why: Direct pointing method helps quickly and clearly experience that there is no I, no me, no self. For me, this totally broke habitual identification with thoughts, and increasingly emotions, so the the thoughts and emotions are happening, but there's no or very little identification with them.

An additional method is always practicing itself is constant mindful self-observation. Make the contents of your mind very conscious, if you have strong thoughts and feelings, write them down on paper and see if you are identifying with them and believing them as true. You begin to see how all thoughts and concepts simply obscure reality.

Edited by - mr_anderson on Apr 10 2012 3:55:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

DoctorWho

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2012 :  8:00:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"We don't know what we don't know" For years I practiced mindfulness meditation, watching the breath etc. and always assumed this was the most effective (quickest?) way of getting to the source if you will. The idea of mantra meditation always seemed to be adding something to the mix and why would I want to do that? I'm trying to clear things up not add to them right? Pfft, what did I know?

Lo and behold I begin earnestly practicing mantra meditation AYP style and BAM, I really feel like a light has gone off and that I'm really onto something. Through much reading here on the site and elsewhere I come to realize the mindfulness meditation that I assumed as 'the best way'... although a great practice, I come to requires retreats and extensive time before getting results.

What I thought was the "quickest" method was erroneous. However it was the best method for me at the time... or at least what I was able to grasp.

That being said, I don't regret it one bit. It was part of my journey and it ultimately led me here. I practice humbly these days seeking long term consistency...quality over quantity if you will...over the idea of the "quickest" method. One thing unfolds into the next. A few months ago I jumped straight into some advanced pranayama practices that I assumed I could handle (big experienced meditator that I am...ya right) and got promptly slapped down pretty quickly. Oops. My reach exceeded my grasp...largely because I wanted to jump onto the 'bullet train' rather than take the scenic route on horse back. Turns out horseback is right where I should be right now...and it's quite wonderful! It was a case of one step forward, and three steps back. You could actually say I wasted time by trying to speed things up.

Maybe the idea of the quickest route is an illusion. There is only the best route for you at that particular time.

Just my two cents.

Be well everybody!
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  07:56:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Quickest way? Fall in love, and devote yourself fully to your partner.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  11:06:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Quickest way? Fall in love, and devote yourself fully to your partner

yes but dont "think" that you are in love just "be" in love
unfortunately most relationships are not lasting cause people think they are on love but in fact it is all about filling an emptiness that they feel...so they fill this emptiness with a so called love...on the first problem,guess what? the love evaporates...no more love....so people start searching for another love and so on...vicious circle...if one is empty inside(this emptiness is spiritual but many are not aware of that) no one and nothing can make you feel full....so better to work on the inside,the inner fulfillment instead of fake short lived outward fullfillment (through so called love,through earning lots of money,etc...the whole 9 yards)
it is the times of fast love like fast food
but i agree with you dear emc genuine Love rocks....
shall we start a new romantic age in the 21st century? we have many members here at ayp that write very nice poems and their english is perfect
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  3:34:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes fall in love, but preferably not with a human being.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  3:40:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Yes fall in love, but preferably not with a human being.

Why not?
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  4:11:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Much easier to maintain that "in love" feeling for a long time.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  4:45:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Much easier to maintain that "in love" feeling for a long time.

What do you see as the benefit to "maintaining a feeling" regardless of what that feeling is? Just curious.

Love!
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  5:12:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Because when we feel in love we treat ourselves and the world better, and it has a beneficial effect on our bodies and minds.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  5:14:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks for the clarification Etherfish.

Love!
Carson
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2012 :  5:36:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I feel Louis Armstrong beginning his song "we have all the time in the world....
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000