Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Quickest way to merge with the Absolute?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

beetsmyth

USA
104 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2012 :  6:46:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit beetsmyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Listen, life is short. Filled with good and bad. Some are healthy and some are sick and have limited time here. So my question to you guys is whats the quickest way to realize and be in permanent Oneness, the Absolute, Union, Enlightenment, etc ????

I understand this site deals much with the body and the energetic processes, however not all paths go this route. Some go directly into realization, and then later all the channel work commences.

Some say the Advaita route (resting as awareness), others say Anapanasati (Bhudda's path of Awareness of breath), while still others say Bhakti.

Whats your take?

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2012 :  7:41:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The fruit will fall when it's ripe.
Ultimately you are all that you will ever be, there is no becoming what you already are, even if it's not yet possible to be that.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2012 :  9:27:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The quickest way to merge with the Absolute?...

I would have to say: jump out of an airplane from an incredibly high altitude, and during the brief timespan of that rapid fall, engage in a mega-super combo of all known spiritual practices, including the Advaita methods, and at some point, the merging should occur in mid-air, and if not, pull the rip cord on the parachute, land safely on the ground, and try again.

Just kidding. Here's a fantastic lesson to check out:
Enlightenment Time Line
http://www.aypsite.org/426.html

Godspeed, fellow traveler!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2012 :  10:06:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by beetsmyth

Listen, life is short. Filled with good and bad. Some are healthy and some are sick and have limited time here. So my question to you guys is whats the quickest way to realize and be in permanent Oneness, the Absolute, Union, Enlightenment, etc ????

I understand this site deals much with the body and the energetic processes, however not all paths go this route. Some go directly into realization, and then later all the channel work commences.

Some say the Advaita route (resting as awareness), others say Anapanasati (Bhudda's path of Awareness of breath), while still others say Bhakti.

Whats your take?

Everyone is different.
What works wonders for one at one point, may not work for another. So something that may be the most efficient way for one, need not be the best way for you.

I always tell people to keep one practice as a baseline. Don't move from that one practice. (I normally recommend AYP, as it gets us a strong foundation in inner silence). Then over time, you can try other things and see what works well for you. However, keep the base practice going, whatever you have decided the base practice is going to be. The base practice should have something that will help increase your inner silence as that is the foundation on which everything else will work.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2012 :  10:41:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti's advice is perfect.
Also:
"Quickest" is not best, as we learned from throwing eggs as kids. . .
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2012 :  12:50:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

I would have to say: jump out of an airplane from an incredibly high altitude, and during the brief timespan of that rapid fall, engage in a mega-super combo of all known spiritual practices, including the Advaita methods, and at some point, the merging should occur in mid-air, and if not, pull the rip cord on the parachute, land safely on the ground, and try again.

Just don't go into samadhi when it's time to pull the rip cord
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2012 :  12:22:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What's my take? I came across the lessons after desperate seeking, pondering, and experimenting with different energy and stillness practices, and found myself less desperate and instead more committed to a steady routine. Have a look through the lessons, especially http://www.aypsite.org/156.html. There's more on that topic throughout the forum or SFP book.
Go to Top of Page

Inner_silence

USA
50 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2012 :  2:14:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The soul will ultimately merge with the absolute over many life times, if one does nothing, refining and purifying itself as it goes from one body to another. How many life times will it take is the $64 million question. The quickest way is AYP (spinal breathing + deep meditation). This of course is also the core belief of hinduism and buddhism, if you can seperate out the rituals and societal awkwardness that it causes. Forgive me, since I do not know the inner beliefs (i.e the essence) of christianity, islam etc.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2012 :  2:42:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Quickest way? Possibly massive dose of LSD. You will come down though and still will need to sort out your life and do your yoga.
Go to Top of Page

gatito

United Kingdom
179 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2012 :  4:29:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Spend some "face-time" with someone who's awake, who has integrated their awakening and who is able to meet you exactly where you are on your own Path. Ask all the questions that you have until you either have no more or you find that you are able to answer them all yourself.

Use this time to investigate your own present living experience and take no-one's word about anything that is not your own present living experience, unless you want to follow a religion.

You'll probably not find the answer in experiences that have a beginning because they also have an ending and are therefore not the Truth, which is eternal and therefore entirely present now.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2012 :  6:53:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you're sensitive - go to a master, tune in on his frequency and "WHAM" - You are That!

I can assure you it works. Been there, done that. Just don't expect it to be sustainable. LOL!
Go to Top of Page

beetsmyth

USA
104 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  12:57:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit beetsmyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

If you're sensitive - go to a master, tune in on his frequency and "WHAM" - You are That!

I can assure you it works. Been there, done that. Just don't expect it to be sustainable. LOL!

Interestingly enough, when first working with Awareness vs. Mind, I knew a chap who was constantly resting in Awareness, and just being around him, would shift me into that.

Can you share who it was you went to and tuned into?
Go to Top of Page

crazymandrew

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  01:37:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit crazymandrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've had success with forcing my self to not have any egoistic thinking for several hours. If you think, do it without the sense of self.

Long walks were you are aware of your body just being a vehicle, just aware of everything you are seeing has helped me (nature is better, too many vibes in the city).

Also, blanking every object from the mind, total stillness is great two.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  03:58:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beetsmyth,

I just want to stress I'm not recommending it seriously, I was joking. What you miss when doing that is to "Get to know Thyself". You won't get to know how your mindforce works, thus it easily pulls you into it's vortex again as soon as you are not "held" by the master. And I have found out that 'knowing your mind' is absolutly crucial for the rest of the journey. It's also very easy for a huge spiritual ego start operating, owning the experience when getting it all served like that for free.

However, I wouldn't want to have missed a minute with the guide I was pulled to, Bernie Prior. I'm extremely grateful for the transmission from his being. http://www.bernieprior.org He's an absolutely amazing being and also teaching a method "The Form", which speeds up transformation very, very much if practiced regularly.
It's the most powerful tool I've come across during the journey, next to I AM meditation. Invaluable insights from hanging around with that guy, particularly "behind stage" when not sitting on the satsang chair.!

And reflecting again... who knows? You might be so ripe that the last push from a master is just what is needed and then you're home eternally? Who knows?

Wish you all the best!
Love emc

Edited by - emc on Mar 15 2012 04:02:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  11:39:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think getting rid of the concept of quickly merging with the absolute should greatly speed up your journey. . .
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2012 :  2:30:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

I think getting rid of the concept of quickly merging with the absolute should greatly speed up your journey. . .

Well played, Etherfish. In our pursuit of union with the divine, we might as well just live a little--between all the practices and conceptualizing. Who knows, the union may come like a thief in the night.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  12:11:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Absolutely! I would also suggest letting go of the idea that you are separate from (or unmerged with) the Absolute. It's not possible for you to be separate from "That", it's only your experience of yourself that can seem that way.

But to address your original question, I think the best way is different for everyone, so you'll have to figure that out for yourself. Sorry if that isn't helpful, but I've observed that what works for one person isn't always effective for others.

For me, AYP + bhakti go a long way. Remaining open to all experiences has great value to me as well.

Wish you a speedy merging and hope you find your way!

Love [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  07:37:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, absolutely bhakti is huge no matter what practices you find that are best for you, and AYP meditation is the best place to start because it works for most people.
Go to Top of Page

beetsmyth

USA
104 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  1:22:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit beetsmyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hey guys,
thanks for the tips. There are some great pointers here. I see now that all these questions were initially from the mind, and yet I am not the mind, so there is more rest now, more peace, just allowing things to be and more letting go.
Go to Top of Page

showup

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  1:58:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit showup's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

...my question to you guys is whats the quickest way to realize and be in permanent Oneness, the Absolute, Union, Enlightenment, etc ????...

History indicate that even illiterate person can attain liberation in a matter of minutes if they have intense devotion toward God. Kannappa Nayanar who is one of the 63 Nayanmars or holy Saivite saints attained the enlightenment in a single event on a single day when he donated his one eye to Lord Siva and willing to donate the second one at the cost of going completely blind, to stop the bleeding from Lord Siva's eye1.

So, the easiest and the shortest rout to get enlightenment is through the blessings of God or an enlightened Guru. However, such an extreme devotion will be tested by God or guru before offering the enlightenment. It is next to impossible to pass those tests. You need to be born for that purpose to pass those tests. Even if you pass, there is no guarantee that you will be getting the enlightenment at that time only. For example Sidha's devotion was tested by his guru Sri Veerabrahmendra Swamy by making him eat a foul smelling dog. But has not been offered enlightenment immediately. He has been blessed to perform several years of yoga before he can get enlightenment2.

Getting enlightenment mandates that one nullifies his/her karma which is not easy. Who performs intense yoga practice renouncing everything, devoting 100% of his/her time in this process under the proper guidelines of an enlightened guru attains enlightenment within 30 to 40 years of hard work. But you need to understand those procedures are next to impossible to be followed and need extreme devotion and extensive psychological modifications.
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  04:55:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

We are already in permanent Oneness, the Absolute, Union, Enlightenment etc.. but we keep forgetting.

Whatever practice best reminds you of the permanent Oneness, the Absolute etc.. is the one that is best for you.

Its all different for each person, someone can just do one type of meditation or tapasya and another person can alter every aspect of their life from eating to sleeping, to sitting, walking, blinking etc... anything can be done with devotion.
Go to Top of Page

crazymandrew

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  07:14:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit crazymandrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I know I already posted this but lately I have really really been having success with just simply putting a stop to the ego.

I think the ego is a like a train with a lot of momentum. If you try to stop it to bluntly it's dangerous, it might cause energy to stagnate (which you definitely don't want).

But by slowing stopping it over an 1 hour 2, it feels great. The more it slows down you almost feeling like an opiate is hitting your blood stream. It feels really good.

Staying aware is too difficult, the ego moves to fast, it forgets too quickly.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  08:08:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The Ego feeling pleased about stopping the Ego .....hmmmm
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  09:25:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We are what "we" seek all the time. We dont lose it.Its impossible.

Only the mind search and imagine how it should be...and create false expectations about how it should be (more dream).

We rest in the absolute everynight in deep sleep when only the Absolute is there. The absolute is not aware of itself.

Energetic experiences, fireworks and ecstasi are just that. States like sex or laughter or drugs. They come and go and attachment to them create suffering.

Accept and deal this present moment as it is. The rest is scapism.
This present moment is perfect as it is and imperfection or pain are included. And you have a body and toughts and emotions and good and bad experiences along the way. Life is that. To know who we are really is freedom but nothing will avoid this life experience.

To be aware of our true nature all the time so to say...well i think thats impossible. This scenary happens in duality and that includes an ego and false identification.

We search and whe have a glimpse. We say "wow im that and i got it!" and in that moment we are identificated with the ilusion. More dream. Who got it? Is there anything to achieve? whós the achiever?

Awareness it self is still duality. Only the absolute is the ultimate reality and it just is an its not aware of itself.

Someone that abides in permanent realization is still dreaming. But is possible for that entity to know what it is all the game about.Just that.Very simple and dissapointing for the ego.

Edited by - miguel on Apr 02 2012 10:03:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

crazymandrew

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  12:47:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit crazymandrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

I disagree with this. It's only pleasing initially. The deeper you go the less you care.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2012 :  03:51:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by crazymandrew

quote:
Originally posted by karl

I disagree with this. It's only pleasing initially. The deeper you go the less you care.

Great advert for a bottle of Jack Daniels.

You can't stop the Ego because you are the Ego. It disappears completely when you are unconscious or in deep sleep, the rest of the time it's as wide awake as you are because it is you.

The need to 'do' anything is supported by the Ego, to subdue the Ego is the need of the Ego. To do AYP is required by the Ego. To write about the success you are having and to disagree with my post is the Ego talking. What else could it be?

There is no need to subdue or destroy the Ego. It's a war with yourself and will use a lot of energy and time. It's yours to do what you want with, it's your path. This is just an observation.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000