Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 The Thinker and Thought
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2012 :  04:32:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Is there any relationship between the thinker and his thought, or is there only thought and not a thinker? If there are no thoughts there is no thinker. When you have thoughts, is there a thinker? Perceiving the impermanency of thoughts, thought itself creates the thinker who gives himself permanency; so thought creates the thinker; then the thinker establishes himself as a permanent entity apart from thoughts which are always in a state of flux. So, thought creates the thinker and not the other way about. The thinker does not create thought, for if there are no thoughts, there is no thinker. The thinker separates himself from his parent and tries to establish a relationship, a relationship between the so-called permanent, which is the thinker created by thought, and the impermanent or transient, which is thought. So, both are really transient.
Pursue a thought completely to its very end. Think it out fully, feel it out and discover for yourself what happens. You will find that there is no thinker at all. For, when thought ceases, the thinker is not. We think there are two states, as the thinker and the thought. These two states are fictitious, unreal. There is only thought, and the bundle of thought creates the 'me', the thinker.
(What Are You Doing with Your Life? /Jiddu Krishnamurti)

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2012 :  06:10:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"I think, therefore I am" or "I am, therefore I think"

Sey
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2012 :  06:15:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it is rather:I am....I I as Ramana says it...
i thinks that i is thinking wherereas in reality it is happening by itself without the need of a so called i identity

Edited by - maheswari on Mar 13 2012 06:33:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2012 :  07:00:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Something strange just happened reading this. I was wrapped up in the sweetness of pure awareness. All of a sudden some Japanese popped into my mind Ai Ashido.

I don't know any Japanese so I had to look it up.

Seems Ai means 'my name'.

I looked up Ashido.

Your first name of Ashido makes you a quick thinker, both philosophical and creative.

You appreciate music, art, and drama and, if given training, could excel in those fields.

Self-consciousness may prevent you from feeling at ease in positions of impromptu expression.

Desiring to be free from detail and monotony, you find it difficult to finish what you start if it does not hold your interest.

You enjoy reading and the beauties of nature, experiencing peace and relaxation in outdoor activities.

A very individual, independent person, you live within your own thoughts.
Although the name Ashido creates an interest in the deeper aspects of life, we emphasize that it causes procrastination, lack of confidence, and the inability to realize your goals and ambitions.

This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the heart, lungs, bronchial area, and fluid systems.

......that's exactly the I that is witnessed.as me. Precisely, totally accurate. I could have written it myself, which is the point I guess.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000