AYPsite.org Forum
 Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 You are never alone‏
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  05:38:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The following is a sufi tail I've heard in Tunis and which I've translated into english a while back to share with some friends. Sorry in advance for those of us who are vegetarians.

"There used to be a sufi sheikh who treated one of his students "Hussein" differently from the others. Who would keep him in his company most of the time and take him with him to his retreats... This was the cause of jealousy to the other disciples. Jealousy used to eat them a lot until one day they decided to approach the sheikh with the matter. All of them came in front of the sheikh and asked why do you treat Hussein differently than us, why do you pamper him so much. He told them ok I'll show you why. Go ahead each one of you including Hussein and bring a chicken and a knife with you and come here. They all came each holding a chicken and a knife, when in front of the master. The sheikh told them; Now go and slay that chicken's neck at a place where no one can see and bring it back here. Everybody went and came back except for Hussein, so they were bewildered as to where he is. So the sheikh told them to look and eventually they found Hussein and brought him to the sheikh with a live chicken in his hand. So the sheikh asked him, dear Hussein why didn't you carry on my orders and slay the chicken. Hussein with tears in his eyes replied, my lord you told us to slay the chicken at a place where no one could see us. Where is such a place to be, everywhere I go God is watching me. So the sheikh replied and told the other disciples this is why Hussein is my favorite."

The most important lesson from this story is to remember that God is always with us all the time non stop watching over us. We should trust in that and worship him in all our acts as if we are seeing him. Because if we don't see him, he sees us all the time :-)

May God's presence shine strongly in your lives my brothers and sisters.

Sending love [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  10:24:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Ananda.
What a beautiful story...
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  10:51:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is a beautiful story. And something that I often need as a reminder.

Thank you.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2012 :  12:22:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000