Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 the fruits of Sabari
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  3:12:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Sabari was a woman devoted to Lord Rama.One day she was told that Lord Rama will be passing where she lives..she was very happy...she only had some fruits to offer to Rama...so Sabari started to bite them one after the other to know if they were sweet or sour...she did not want to give a sour fruit to Rama
when Rama came to see her, he accepted the bitten sweet fruits offering with intense delight because he was pleased by the devotion of Sabari.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  9:38:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Growing up, this was one of my favorite stories from the Ramayana.

I have always loved flowers and as a kid I grew a few flowering plants in my apartment. Every morning, I would pick flowers from the plants and give them to Ma Kali. One morning, I was running late for school, and almost out the door when I realized I forgot to give Ma the flowers, so I ran back in, picked the flowers and put the flowers at Ma's feet.

Now, in India you don't go into a prayer room with shoes on, but I did not have time to take my shoes off and did not even think about it..
My mom later told me, she almost stopped me, but then she stopped and said to herself, Ma does not care if she(Shanti) has her shoes on, Ma only sees the devotion.

I am really blessed to have such wonderful parents.
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  01:07:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing guys, very beautiful
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  06:15:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thxs for sharing dear Shanti...beautiful devotion...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000