Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 psychosis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

seemas

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  3:26:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am new to AYP and have been practicing the I AM meditation twice a day for a week.

Can some one tell me if it is safe for me. I had a traumatic childhood and became homeless at 15 when I had what I realise now to be a spontanious awakening which lasted for a few days. The experience never repeated itself and I went through my life thinking maybe I imagined it as I did not know what it was.

Between 1998 and 2000 I had two psychotic episodes which consisted of hearing voices and paranoid delusions. I was diagnosed schizophrenic in 2000. I am now 46 years old and have not had any episodes since 2000. I read about spiritual awakening on the internet 2 weeks ago and this is when I realised what happened to me when I was 15 years old. My psychlogist has discharged me saying that I am to self aware to get ill again and that I should be able to manage my illness.

Could any one tell me if there are any dangers as I am intending to take it really slow

On my last meditation I felt a cooling feeling almost like water at the top of my head and I am feeling pressure on my forehead

Edited by - seemas on Mar 06 2012 5:16:33 PM

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2012 :  10:56:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Seemas and welcome to the AYP forums,

AYP DM is safe for everyone as long as it is practiced while keeping the caveat of self pacing in mind: http://www.aypsite.org/38.html

The cooling feeling and the pressure is normal and nothing to be alarmed about unless the sensations become uncomfortable and you are finding your daily life to be adversely affected. Read the lesson on self pacing above and feel free to ask more questions if you have them. There are plenty of helpful guides around the forums these days.

Love!
Carson
Go to Top of Page

seemas

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2012 :  3:48:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Carson, thats a relief. I need to spend some more time on the forums.

Seema
Go to Top of Page

goinghome

Sweden
6 Posts

Posted - May 21 2012 :  7:44:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would say that opening and cleaing of the spinal nerve, opening of third eye is an important step towards oneness.
Be aware, people might want to split you. A split personality will heal when connection to God is there.
In path of life we have many personas, many side personalities. It is only dangerous if the two persons are too strong and different.
Lets say one wants to meditate and one wants to not meditate. A part of you are afraid...
Then watch these two wantings and re alise that You are the witness. The witness is One and watches the Person...
What in You wants truth?
To go deeper behind personality... is meditation and is God where he was born. As one.
Go to Top of Page

seemas

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  4:02:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for you kind words, I have found DM very useful and am finally stabalizing in my sittings.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000