Enlightenment Milestones
 Identification and the path of Yoga
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2012 :  12:49:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The fruit of Yoga is chitta vritti nirodah where a tranquil state of the mind is reached. How about in the middle when we are on this journey of fully integrating our being into Stillness...

What if a disease overtakes us? A fatal accident? An eventual deviation into worldly & corrupt life unawares? For who can discern karma and retribution?

Are they all part of the cosmic plan of unfoldment to go through suffering, pain and eventual liberation from duality?

I picked these thoughts more strongly after the demise of a loving one. What was churned out of your being out of these contemplations?

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2012 :  01:36:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi chitananda,

From my personal experience I can say...

I was interested and intrigued since my childhood about spirituality and I used to ask question is God is really out there etc but thats it and nothing much I was as usual indulged in materialistic life and would inbetween read books by vivekananda,ramakisshna etc.

but when my bro passed away it was just a bang on I felt like till that I was sleeping and this incident just jolted me up and woke me up and made me ask so many questions as to why,how etc etc which had no answers at that time then suddenly it dawned on me well there is SOMETHING BEYOND Death and thats not the end of it.
When I was sincerely seeking the knowledge I stumbled upon AYPSITE which definetly changed me and my whole life.It was like I got the answer to my question and here all the techniques n methods are given that too as an open source system.

Honestly I am greatly indebted to Mr.Yogani for this and my deep Gratitude for showing the path.

I think it depends upon each individual soul how it gets liberated based may be upon its own karmas.

Love N Light
Viji

Edited by - vijikr on Mar 04 2012 01:39:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2012 :  1:45:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I see suffering as both the stimulus to seek spiritual meaning and experience and also as the thing to obliterate. Sort of like a cosmic itch. We had a big disaster in our family a few years back and without a background of spirituality I think it would have destroyed me. It also spurred me to further my spiritual goals and be more focused on them.
Go to Top of Page

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2012 :  10:33:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Viji for the insight. Contemplation of death and impermanence is a good motivator to meditate and grow. My heart says that it all boils down to living in the moment. There cannot be quantum jumps over night but a little bite each day so that one day the adherence and attachment to this body is fully transcended. It may be 20 years from now or in another lifetime ;) Just accepting what IS.

Thank you LittleTurtle . Yeah sometimes I have voluntarily prayed for suffering so that I dont loose track of the Spirit when I tend to become indifferent to the soul's need.
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2012 :  11:18:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
:) chitananda and little turtle!
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  03:53:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Are they all part of the cosmic plan of unfoldment to go through suffering, pain and eventual liberation from duality?"

Yes. All events, when accepted with openness and offered up, serve perfectly to burn up our karma and bring us liberation, as Steve Ross says in his book "Happy Yoga." At least this has been my experience.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000