Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Kechari questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  9:57:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

I am translating the AYP lessons into Chinese. (www.aypchinese.net)And I am doing the Kechri lesson currently. I cannot understand the following sentence in the lesson.
"The tongue can naturally be turned with the top to the center by following the channel on top of the trumpet of each eustachian tube into its adjacent nasal passage. "

Does "turning the tongue with the top to the center" mean rotate the tongue 90 degrees to the side? Can anyone explain it to me?

Many Thanks!

Pheel

Edited by - Pheel on Feb 12 2012 10:10:33 PM

chas

USA
209 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2012 :  9:28:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Pheel,

I attached the relevant paragraph from lesson 108 ( http://www.aypsite.org/108.html ) below...

quote:
Stage 4 is another dramatic step. It could be years away from stage 2&3. Everyone will be different in approaching it. There is a trick to it. The nasal passages are tall and narrow and the tongue is narrow and wide, so the tongue can only go into the nasal passages by turning on its side. But which side? One way works better than the other. The tongue can naturally be turned with the top to the center by following the channel on top of the trumpet of each eustachian tube into its adjacent nasal passage. This naturally turns the top of the tongue to the center and allows it to slide up the side of the septum into the nasal passage. Turning the tongue inward to the center is the way up into the passages. Entering stage 4 is as dramatic as entering stage 2, because the tissues in the nasal passages are extremely sensitive, and connecting with them in the way described takes the nervous system to yet a higher level. Stage 4 provides extensive stimulation of the upper ends of the sushumna, ida, and pingala, and this has huge effects throughout the nervous system, especially when combined with our pranayama and its associated bandhas and mudras.

Yes, the tongue does rotate sideways in order to fit into the nasal passages. Just by feeling it and attempting to push the tongue up an in, it will naturally rotate to the appropriate position (+/- 90 degrees).

Love

Edited by - chas on Feb 14 2012 11:25:34 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000