Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 spinal breathing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  8:01:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I cannot seem to 'get' the spinal beathing at the begining of my meditation. I can breathe from the bottom up to about the base of my neck and then it feels as if 'it' doesn't want to go any further. This has been going on for months. Most times now, I don't even bother with the breathing. But I'll keep trying and maybe it will mean something someday.

Edited by - AYPforum on Feb 14 2012 8:03:54 PM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  8:08:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
lmaher,
Try breathing till it flows naturally, and then jump to the 3 rd eye area... and then do the same downward. Generally when there is a block, it gets hard to follow the attention through that area, so jump that area for now.
It will become easier in time as more blocks are released.
Hope this helps.
Thank you for not giving up.
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2012 :  10:57:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Shanti. Your advice is always spot on and you're probably one of kindness people I've ever met.
L
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  2:14:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If visualization is difficult just go with the breathing and open up to places that feel stuck or slightly resistant. give it time, it will come. Visualization has never been easy for me but I love my pranayama practice anyway
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  6:30:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I lose sense of it on the lower back to root, so I just trace it pretending to be moving down and then place attention at base and continue with mulabandha. It has not stopped SBP from being enjoyable. Tracing over (skipping) the rough areas is recommended as a way to open them up, otherwise forcing through can cause trouble (symptoms) that may manifest in unexpected ways. Keep at it however you can and that's probably enough. Also, we don't rely on scenery or its absence to guide the practice. Sambhavi for me has become more self-guiding in that pressure at third eye begins and ends on cue, so I rely less on the physical component compared to before. I don't take it to mean anything since who knows, one day maybe it will be gone (just as random pressure and symptoms at third eye started at one time and ceased and I never did anything specific back then).
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  01:49:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
me too i dont really see my spine nevethless i like SBP a lot and i just practice
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000