New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  10:54:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the clarification etherfish, this is very helpful ... yes, I think by 'outward' I meant what you called as acting it out. Regarding 'inward' I wanted to mean what you called putting the attention on the physical feeling. as we know words can be deceptive, guess it is time for an example

Day before yesterday, I was very angry upon somebody and worse thing is that he will not have a direct confrontation. so i was thinking (almost script writing a conversation with him in mind ) about how to teach him a lesson. suddenly i realized how angry I am since a long while and it is not doing any good for the person or for me. rather it is like a stinking weight I am carrying, and their were some rigor in my body also. I changed the course of my thinking, reflected on why he has to be so pathetic, found some reason why his ways and thinking is so pathetic, and I was thinking that if I face him I would just say '#name#, I feel sad for you!' (deleted everything else from mind which I was thinking before).

Suddenly I felt such a lightness in my body and mind that it bordered a spiritual experience (and I was thinking of sharing it in the forum, with a title 'forgiving'). I think it happened because I could successfully drop the anger in proper way.

now does that make sense? and are we talking about similar thing?

Karl, thank you for the link. I have started reading it and this is highly interesting. I found it says "Memories are recorded and stored as we age and with time they have more and more influence on us." i think this is what we were talking about and I would like to add that those put veil (of Maya?) on our atman, which stops the light of awareness from coming in. As yoga makes us aware, I think it will just remove those veils also in the process.

love.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  05:05:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, yoga practices do the same thing. Ethers post is exactly how it works. It's a conscious exposing of the underlying energy of the emotion, repeating that process seems also to stop the naughty child making up stories and just goes straight to the energy sensation. It seems to coincide with the expansion of expanding stillness and the energy either doesn't come up at all, or just vanishes into stillness.

With it comes greater and greater clarity
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  07:18:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Swan we are talking the same. Just make sure you make the feeling inside more important than thinking about the cause on the outside. I think that is what you were saying.

Most people will keep turning over the story in their head of why that person is wrong and what to do about it,
which tends to make them neglect what's inside.
Some people just love making others angry. When you realize it has nothing to do with you and start ignoring them, sometimes they change too.
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  10:39:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think I got the point. Thanks and love
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000