Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Obvious External Effect
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  02:48:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
With regard to samyama and external manifestation: One of my yoga students often brings her 3-year-old daughter to class. The child is clearly an old soul and sometimes enjoys doing asana and/or meditation with us. Other times she behaves as a typical child, running around and being noisy and rowdy, especially when she has ingested sugar. The other day this occurred and her mom was beginning to get upset with her (although IMO the behavior was quite mild, based on my limited knowledge of 3-year-olds). I said, "This is the universe testing us. God is playing as your 3-year-old. Let's just do our meditation and fill the room with that peace." We proceeded to do SB, and as we did, the child immediately settled down and began playing quietly. When we got to DM I merely breathed the energy outward into the room, and the child sat down next to me and was absolutely still. We continued for about 10 minutes and when we opened our eyes, the little girl was sitting with her eyes closed and a smile on her face. Her mom was amazed. I said, "Obviously what we are doing has a very real and tangible effect. But, your daughter is easy. If only we could do that and get the entire world to settle down!" But we can, can't we? Isn't that what we do in samyama when we send our peace, love, etc. out into the world? When you see how it obviously works on a small scale it gives me hope that we can indeed heal the world...

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  10:12:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  12:39:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What a wonderful story! I wish I'd had Samyama in my bag of tricks when my three babies were all under three! Or even better -- two two-year-olds and a four-year-old! But I do see the effects of it in my daughters now. We've stayed healthy this winter, and everyone is happy -- even my twin that needs a bit more than the other two. And there aren't any of the fireworks that people talk about between teenage daughters and their moms. We just keep on cheerfully talking, and they're turning into my best buddies in the world. I'm such a lucky mom! The meditation and samyama are having a thoroughly positive effect on our lives. We change the world one life at a time, right?
Edit: What I mean is that we change ourselves and that changes the world around us in all kinds of little ways.

Edited by - whippoorwill on Feb 11 2012 1:12:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  1:23:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Radharani

When you see how it obviously works on a small scale it gives me hope that we can indeed heal the world...

We can... and are. The effect on adults is not as immediate, but can be just as dramatic, in my experience.

I loved the story, Radha. Thanks for relating it

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

gatito

United Kingdom
179 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  3:25:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

quote:
Originally posted by Radharani

When you see how it obviously works on a small scale it gives me hope that we can indeed heal the world...

I certainly believe in it
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  03:25:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Whippoorwill, that is awesome, especially considering you have teenagers and they are your "best buddies"! Your kids are so blessed to have you as their mom. Cosmic, Gatito, thanks. Knowing that we are all on the same page here and doing and believing this, gives me so much joy. I feel my friends at AYP when I am doing meditation/samyama. It is so good to know that we are linked together all over the world by a web of love, light and healing energy and it is actually palpable. Keep up the good work, my dear friends!
Go to Top of Page

makingthesaint

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2012 :  07:41:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit makingthesaint's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello!
I, too, have noticed a change in my family dynamic after practicing samyama. My youngest being 17 has changed the most . I am so grateful for this resource, and have learned so much here @ayp. Mainly letting go to stillness and keeping the monkey brain from throwing poo everywhere (trying to direct change in others with my "great ideas").
I've been lurking here for months and just started delving into the forums. Also, I've lost my ayp virginity as this is my first post. This topic just touched me deeply as I sit here and start crying.
gratitude
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  02:53:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by makingthesaint

Hello!
I, too, have noticed a change in my family dynamic after practicing samyama. My youngest being 17 has changed the most . I am so grateful for this resource, and have learned so much here @ayp. Mainly letting go to stillness and keeping the monkey brain from throwing poo everywhere (trying to direct change in others with my "great ideas").
I've been lurking here for months and just started delving into the forums. Also, I've lost my ayp virginity as this is my first post. This topic just touched me deeply as I sit here and start crying.
gratitude

Wow, thanks for sharing! I'm honored you chose this thread to make your debut in the forums. I love what you said, "keeping the monkey brain from throwing poo everywhere"! If samyama can change the behavior of a 17-year-old, it is powerful indeed.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000