Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Experience with the Second Mantra Enhancement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  03:42:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear all,

Anyone out with experience with the second mantra enhancement: Shree Om, Shree Om, I am, I am, Namah ?

I have been trying it for three weeks now and like reported on another thread, it is very powerful and I have been struggling to find stability with it. I scaled back my DM to 12 - 15 mins which whilst somewhat more bearable I might to cut back even more. The symptoms are hot-flushes, crawling skin, dizzy-spells causing dis-orientation (kind of like in a slide-show when you move to the next slide and there is a small gap of nothingness between slides before being shown the same picture of whatever I was looking at but always with a slight difference in colour, angle of light - weird!). A lot seem to be going on in the heart area. Not all bad - last night I had an awesome experience.

Is it wise to continue with this mantra if I have to cut back further on DM time? I want to continue, I have a sense of purification happening. I am hoping that it will stabilize and I can thereafter increase DM time back to 20 mins.

Any word of wisdom?

Many thanks

Sey

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  04:21:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
what about a half and half, for a bit with the enhancement then the rest with regular? just a thought
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  06:05:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SeySorcier,

It depends on you really, and your comfort zone. If you feel that too much is happening too fast, then scale back to the first enhancement, or even to the basic mantra for a while. Also, if you feel that the mantra you are using is disturbing your meditation because of energy symptoms, I would recommend scaling back too. Cultivation of silence in meditation should not be sacrificed for faster inner purification.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  12:16:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My problem is I have been trying the different variations over several months now and going back and forth between the base and enhancements. I really need to settle down into one. I like this one. I will try and stick it out some more, scale back more if I have to and hopefully settle into it.

Thank you Christi.

Brother Neil - I don't think that is recommended but thank you for chiming in.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  09:27:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sey:

Don't forget that there is an alternate progression for mantra enhancements that is somewhat less aggressive in the middle stage, and ends up in the same place at the end: http://www.aypsite.org/369.html

And, yes, best to stay with one mantra version for an extended time and let it "bake in," unless it is much too rough in the beginning (too large a "gear shift"). Then just back off to the previous stable level of mantra until ready to try again some time later -- at least months later, not days or weeks later.

Your call, and all the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2012 :  10:33:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

Brother Neil - I don't think that is recommended but thank you for chiming in.
Sey

yes of course go with what is recommended
best to you
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  04:26:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Yogani for your guidance. When I first felt the need for a change in mantra (from the first enhancement which I had been doing for over a year), I did start out with the alternate version "Shree, shree, I am, I am Namah, Namah" - did that for a good three months but I just grew unhappier and unhappier with my practices, it was all on the surface and I felt stagnant. So I went back to base for a couple of weeks and felt better (the presence of inner silence in my daily life became pronounced again), I added the first enhancement - was still ok, again for a couple weeks, then added the Namah, Namah at the end and grew unhappy again. That's when I decided to switch to the original version. I am feeling somewhat more stable. I believe if I am careful, I should be back on track soon. I have gone into the details of my process here to give feedback on effects of mantra enhancement (or at least a possible effect)

Thanks again.

Sey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000