New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

img

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  03:41:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Consider how the so-called 'complicated poses' became known to us in the first place.
Some sage somewhere, while submerged in the infinite, assumed a pose (for reasons known only to God, with whom the sage was one at that moment). The outward shape of the pose was seen by another person, who then tried it and/or told other people about it. And here we are, thousands of years later, trying to assume that 'difficult pose' - why????
On the other hand, I hang on to my copy of Iyengar's book and think it valuable because sometimes I feel like doing a pose, but none of the ones I already know seem to satisfy, and then I leaf through Iyengar to see what else is available, and suddenly 'bam!' - some pose feels JUST RIGHT! And well, that's another pose added to my little pile, in case that feeling inside comes back. Maybe there were 10 other poses that feel even more right - who knows. But at that moment I got an answer that satisfied me, and that's that.
The 'safety' of yoga asanas has to do with a bigger problem we have in our society. We bombard people with answers even before they had a chance to formulate and ask a question.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  4:22:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"The 'safety' of yoga asanas has to do with a bigger problem we have in our society. We bombard people with answers even before they had a chance to formulate and ask a question."
BEAUTIFULLY SAID!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000