AYPsite.org Forum
 Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 is this energy safe and normal
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kaserdar

91 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  09:53:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

There has been an energy sensation which I can describe as tingling and vibrating all around my body but mostly felt in legs and arms for me for some time. Recently I started doing Sun Salutation and having rest in savasana after that. During resting, basically this energy sensation is there like always when I pay attention to it. But If I let go whatever I'm holding in my body, all that physical and intentional tensions, and be aware of my body, the more I'm aware and let go, the more I get this energy getting more intense as well as my tinnitus getting louder in my head. It gets really intense. Then I loose the sense of my body lying on ground. What I feel is just this energy all around, loud tinnitus in my head. When I get up I feel always refreshed with feeling of balance. But I want to know what this energy is and If it is safe to give myself to it?

Thank you

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  2:22:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kaserdar,

What you are feeling (and hearing) is prana moving through the channels in your subtle body. It is quite normal, and is nothing to worry about.

If you stick to that practices in the main lessons, and self-pace as necessary, then you will not run in to difficulties.
Go to Top of Page

kaserdar

91 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  04:54:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Christi,

So I assume there is nothing to worry about if I practice savasana this way, which is letting go and being surrendered to this prana energy, after my sun salutation sessions and before DM right?

Thank you
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2012 :  11:44:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kaserdar,

Savasana is an asana like any other, and more powerful than many think when kundalini is activated. There is no such thing as a safe practice for everyone, only a practice which is appropriate for you, at this particular moment in time. It may be that 5 mins of savasana after sun salutation and before your sitting practices is fine. Or maybe 2 mins, or 1 min if you are experiencing too many energy symptoms. You have to work it out and find the right balance.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000