New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

d_jelev

Bulgaria
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  11:17:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello, I have a question about khechari mudra phase 4
Is it possible to be explained the way to reach phase 4
I mean to be explained in such a way : first turn the tangue to left
then up and so on.....thanks alot!

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  11:18:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  11:26:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You may have read the lesson 108 already on this right?

If not, here is what it says on Kechari Stage 4:
Stage 4 – Entering the nasal passages from inside and moving upward beyond the top of the pharynx toward the point between the eyebrows. It is not as far for the tongue to go as it seems. Put your thumb on the hinge of your jaw and put your index finger at the tip of your tongue extended straight out. Then pivot the fixed length to your index finger up on your thumb to the point between your eyebrows. See? It is not so far for the tongue to go straight up from its root.

Here is an image of various stages of Kechari: http://www.aypsite.org/kechari_image1.html

Let us know if these help.

And welcome to the AYP forums.
Go to Top of Page

d_jelev

Bulgaria
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  11:40:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks but I already have read it but I need more detailed explanation
if it is possible to be gift
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  11:45:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No worries.

Victor may be able to guide you.

In the mean time, you can do an exact search (http://www.aypsite.org/forum/search.asp) on the words "Stage 4 Kechari". Many of Victor's posts show up... doing a quick scan, I could not see exact instructions, but there was a lot of useful info and maybe you will find some exact instructions in there.

Wish you all the best.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  8:38:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I m afraid that I am no expert at stage 4. Stage 3 is comfortable for me but, basically all I have been able to accomplish with stage 4 is to do alternate nostril breathing using the tongue instead of the fingers. This may be an unusual feat, but to be honest it hasn't had any particular benefits that I have become aware of.
Go to Top of Page

KechariConfusion

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2012 :  2:12:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This stage 4 seems anatomically impossible
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2012 :  9:21:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi KechariConfusion

I wouldn't say that it is impossible. It's a case if you have the anatomy to do it. I am able to poke the tongue into the middle of stage 4 comfortably. To go further it's just a case of my tongue needing to be a bit longer (story of my life ).

A year, or two, or more of regular snipping should lengthen the tongue enough to reach stage 4 fully.

It's like yoga as a whole - keep persevering!

Go to Top of Page

KechariConfusion

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2012 :  1:11:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've had a complete lingual frenectomy.

I saw the finished result, mid-surgery. He destroyed every last bit of frenum at my request. You could see all the way to the muscles in the tongue. Then he stitched me up.

I have enough length to almost do kechari stage 4. I am the openings.

So how do I lengthen my tongue?
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2012 :  2:29:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just practice kechari stage 3 during meditation and pranayama pracyice daily. Also you can just do kechari anytime that you feel like it during the day. With time it becomes second nature.
Go to Top of Page

KechariConfusion

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2012 :  10:42:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If I practice kechari mudra more regularly, I can go into stage 4?

Even is that is true, what about getting length to go to the eyebrows (the goal as described in the Kecharividya)?

Edited by - KechariConfusion on Mar 25 2012 11:09:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2012 :  02:44:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
stage 3 is the main place to work on. Once that is comfortable and easy and you are well established in that then see how it goes from there. Stage 3 is really the goal with the tongue turned up toward the third eye. Don't worry about stage 4 until stage 3 becomes natural
Go to Top of Page

KechariConfusion

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  01:03:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is simply no opening/hole for stage 4.

I actually have enough length. And I understand the tongue naturally turns from horizontal to vertical when sliding.

Edited by - KechariConfusion on Apr 07 2012 01:37:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  06:36:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There are two inner nostril holes. If you haven't found them yet then you have a ways to go. As for the tongue fitting inside one of these nostril holes, I hear that it is possible but for me I haven't been able to get very far
Go to Top of Page

KechariConfusion

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  07:54:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I am talking about fitting the entire tongue through.
Go to Top of Page

KechariConfusion

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  11:02:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If stage 4 is merely sticking the tip into the slots and blocking off 70% of the air, I can do that already.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2012 :  4:48:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
that is a good question. I don't see how much of the tongue can penetrate much farther. I can block individual nostrils with the tongue in order to do alternate nostril breathing. I don't do it any more though, it doesn't do much for me at this stage
Go to Top of Page

KechariConfusion

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2012 :  2:22:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think we both are in the same boat. I think we are both missing something here.
Go to Top of Page

RSS

USA
69 Posts

Posted - May 19 2012 :  06:27:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit RSS's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How do you know when your in Stage 3? Above the septum there is a void that seems to go on forever.
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - May 19 2012 :  09:21:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You will be in stage 3 when the tongue has enough length to go all the way up the septum and there may be a little bump - 'the secret spot'. Further still and you will hit the roof of your nasal cavity.

KechariConfustion - I can get my tongue into stage 4ish - my tongue can enter the nasal passages and push through some distance but I haven't hit anything solid yet (or my brain ). It seems like I have a few more years of frenetic snipping ahead of me .

Entering the nasal passages is very stimulating, and coupled with spinal breathing, should blow the cobwebs off!
Go to Top of Page

KechariConfusion

USA
44 Posts

Posted - May 31 2012 :  2:38:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by woosa
KechariConfustion - I can get my tongue into stage 4ish - my tongue can enter the nasal passages and push through some distance but I haven't hit anything solid yet (or my brain ). It seems like I have a few more years of frenetic snipping ahead of me .

When you say "nasal passage", do you mean tilting the tongue sideways and going through those tiny holes?

Edited by - KechariConfusion on May 31 2012 3:08:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2012 :  07:09:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
When you say "nasal passage", do you mean tilting the tongue sideways and going through those tiny holes?

Yeah, you push your tongue forward, to one side of the septum, and hit all the sensitive tissue in the nasal passage. You'll know when you are in the right place!

Go to Top of Page

KechariConfusion

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2012 :  6:32:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is the hole at the top, as shown here (bottom right image)?

http://www.aypsite.org/images/kechari-pharynx.jpg

How much of the tongue can you fit through?

Edited by - KechariConfusion on Jun 02 2012 6:48:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  11:18:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was looking all over for that picture!

Yeah, the bottom right pic - the nasal septum runs up the middle and to either side of it there are the tunnel-like holes - nasal passages - which you push your tongue forward into.

At the moment I can nearly block the passages up by pushing the tongue through. It has taken a long time to get used to just touching the tissues in the nasal passage because it was very sensitive.
Go to Top of Page

KechariConfusion

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  1:50:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by woosa
At the moment I can nearly block the passages up by pushing the tongue through. It has taken a long time to get used to just touching the tissues in the nasal passage because it was very sensitive.

If stage 4 is merely blocking off air by sticking the tip in, then I can do that already.
Go to Top of Page

khechari

Ukraine
13 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  3:18:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Woosa, do you get any benefits from the practice?
Thanks!

My experience is exactly as that of Victor - stage 3, approaching 4, but due to the lack of inspiration and any perceptible benefits, not enough efforts to go futher. The first 3 stages took me just 2 months, I was very keen on pushing my tongue up there.
Would love to hear just one story depicting any "special" benefit...
Have read a lot on the matter, but no real first-hand experineces.

Edited by - khechari on Jun 29 2012 3:25:25 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000