New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  2:19:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I will keep my eyes open for outward manifestations too. The absence of them is obviously part of the reason for this post. One thing I can think of off hand is this "unclenching" that Shanti once mentioned. It feels like my whole gut spontaneously relaxes. Like I was squeezing or tensing the muscles of my whole lower torso at a subconscious level, and then when it unclenches, all that tension releases. Not blissful... but it feels better than before it happens. I think I have a lot of obstructions, karmically, dharmically, and that it make take some pushes. I'm stubbornly resistant to change, and I think I self-sabotage a lot, just to maintain my comfort.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  3:02:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JDH

I think I have a lot of obstructions, karmically, dharmically, and that it make take some pushes. I'm stubbornly resistant to change, and I think I self-sabotage a lot, just to maintain my comfort.

Welcome to the club, brotha

Returning to your original post, it seems that some people are more inclined towards inner silence first, while others are more ecstasy-based and have more visions and flashy experiences. But at some point, they meet in the middle and merge the two into "outpouring divine love" as Yogani calls it.

I'm more inner silence-based and have experienced a sort of jealousy for those who get the ecstatic "neat tricks" and scenery and whatnot. But in time, I feel that all of us will experience the full scope of enlightenment. I've been established in inner silence for a while and only in the last few years am opening to the ecstatic side and getting divine visions and whatnot. I know a few people who are the opposite, and are now beginning to experience inner silence after years of ecstatic scenery.

I'm happy this thread has brought you inspiration and insight. Much love to you.

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

mikkiji

USA
219 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  3:35:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit mikkiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
When I lose it "out the bottom" like this, it seems like the only way to stay with it is to let it change from a thought into an energy.
When you lose it "out the bottom", I assume you are speaking of losing it to silence, emptiness, nothingness, stillness, and not to thoughts. If I'm correct here, then there is no need to stay with at at that point. We are only required to return to the mantra when we have the thought, "Oh, I'm supposed to be meditating and I've been off the mantra." Then easily return to the mantra. Otherwise, all is perfectly natural and what happens is what happens. We just begin the mantra easily and then let it go the way it will go, nothing more, nothing less. Our only intention is to begin thinking the mantra and then let it go wherever it will go UNTIL we have that triggering thought, "I'm off the mantra..." However the mantra goes is fine, if it disappears without thoughts taking its place, it's fine and we need do nothing at all. We easily begin the mantra, easily repeat, and just like that, sit back and let the process happen until we have that one thought, "Oops, I'm off the mantra" and then easily return to repeating it. No other manipulations, intentions, analysis or doing is part of this. It's almost too simple to believe it's correct, eh? And, btw--this mysterious "purification" you seem so clueless about is merely the removal of samskaras, or sense-impressions--stresses--which accumulate in the nervous system over the years. Any thought, twitch, sudden movement or emotion we experience during meditation is just that--the by-product of removal of these samskaras. This is what purification means--the removal of obstacles, in this case, obstacles which inhibit refinement of awareness during meditation. The more refinement we experience, the more purification occurs. The more purification can occur, the more smoothly and deeply refinement can proceed. Like a snow plow, to move forward, we must remove obstacles from the path, but to remove the obstacles, we must move forward! I like your digging the hole analogy--think of the dirt as just that--dirt in your nervous system. Meditation is like cleaning house--out with the dirt so we can go deeper into silence--where we continue to find... MORE DIRT!
Namaste,
Michael

Edited by - mikkiji on Jan 17 2012 3:54:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

FutureHumanDestiny

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  7:16:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
if i can add some simple and obvious wisdom, let me do so.

one can not add bliss to their day, but if one can remove tension, emotional upheaval and heavy intellectual burdens, the the reward may be bliss. Adding AYP to a peaceful life is a straight path to bliss and joy; adding stress to AYP is a free pass to frustration.

forgive me if my comments are unwelcome

-dale
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2012 :  11:56:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks cosmic.

Michael... it fades and fades, quieter and quieter... and then disappears. I'm still present, and I still have the intention of repeating the mantra, but it doesn't exist on any thought-word level. To continue to "repeat" it, I do what I would call an intention/vibration. But it must not be to true silence otherwise I wouldn't even be able to have the intention to continue. During this past week, it's been accompanied by a dropping down in my body. It feels like the mantra is sinking into my heart, and sometimes even lower. Hence the "losing it out the bottom" feeling (since I am usually in my head with it). I will try the suggestion next time, in case it is silence.

Dale, of course your comments are welcome. There's no doubt I'm an over-analyzer in recovery. Glad to have you here, and glad you are getting the word out on spiritual practices via youtube.

Edited by - JDH on Jan 18 2012 12:06:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  7:47:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JDH
It seems like a lot of the older forum members have disappeared or gone quiet. Are you still around? What's going on with your sadhana? Are you living in divine love? Moving in stillness? Do you still practice AYP? Did it work? Did you move on?

Yes, I still practice AYP
Yes, it's working

Personally I'm finding I have a lot more 'space' -- temptations to react come up all the time; however, I'm not as automatically 'latched' to unskillful/automatic responses. Maybe amusement, sympathy, kindness, listening, empathy are easier to 'do' instead of just getting angry right away.

I don't think I'm 'enlightened' any more than the sparrows who pause their singing with the sunrise.. just more peaceful than 5 years back when I was but a mere sage reading about practices as opposed to.. practicing =)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000