Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 What the hell just happened?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

teejaflu

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  4:41:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I did some deep meditation for about an hour. It was weird. This time my body felt so light and energetic. I could feel energy rising in my body. It felt really good and blissful, but it only lasted for short periods of time. Afterwards I was really tired so I took a nap. I slipped into a dream where I was trying to walk down the street by a beach back where I grew up. The thing was is that I felt incredibly intoxicated. I felt like I was way beyond the drunkest I've ever been. I couldn't control my body at all. I ended up laying down on my stomach and just looking down at the ocean. I thought I was dreaming, but it was just way too vivid. I watched the ocean, which was incredibly vivid and beautiful and I woke up back in my bed. The thing was I was still intoxicated. Just as much as in the dream. My room seemed different somehow, but I knew I was awake and it was my room. I just felt disoriented, like everything was backwards and I didn't know which way was which. All of a sudden I felt these HUGE surges of energy blast through the left and right sides of my spine and out of my head. I realized that I must be having a kundalini awakening. I could hear it as it passed by my ears, like a wooshing kind of sound, like a lot of pressure was being put on my eardrums or something.
This energy was incredible. It seemed very painful, yet I was ok with it. I let it happen. I felt about 10 huge surges of this energy. I knew it was alive. I knew it was feminine. I don't know if that's just my bias from reading this site, but it really did seem alive and intelligent. I tried to open my crown chakra so the energy could get out that way. All this time my body was rolling around and falling out of bed over and over. Somehow I managed to get back into bed in my drunken state, but I had very little control. It's crazy, it was all so real. It was getting too intense for me, so I said to myself, "calm, calm, calm, kundalini. Just relax, go back to sleep." and I visualized it sinking back into the base chakra. This actually worked.
Then I woke up and felt perfectly normal, but theres still tingling on the left and right sides of my spine. I'm thinking that the first time I woke up must have been an OOBE because my body felt different than earlier and my room looked normal again. This was an incredible experience and very humbling. I'm very excited about it and ready for more to happen. I've only been doing these exercises for about 2 months. I have a very intense bhakti and I can't help it. This is just so important for me.
Please let me know what you think and what I should do. Should I calm down? ground myself? I don't really want to. I want to move forward. Is this an appropriate time to let my crown chakra open? I can tell it's been wanting to open for a while now. I've been getting a lot of pressure and tingling on the crown and pressure between my eyebrows. I already had one opening before I read about the dangers of it, but it was a great, blissful feeling of living energy flow into my head and move around on its own in my body. It felt amazing and I feel I'm ready for it, but after reading the dangers I've been forcing my attention away from the crown and not letting it open. Anyways, I'll end it here. I feel like there's too much info already. Let me know what you think and how to proceed. Thanks for taking the time to help!!

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  4:57:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
while it is your choice to do what you choose, your not doing the DM as perscribed, More will chime in about this I am sure, but yogani does not recommend an hour so you may want to be careful or you may overload yourself. 20 minutes is the suggested time to start out in DM. while the guru is in you, it is also in the guru whom you have chosen to subscribe to. I believe his advice would be along the lines of scale back, maybe add some spinal breathing, grounding and be carefull of chrown chakra opening to quickly
Go to Top of Page

teejaflu

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  5:05:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by brother neil

while it is your choice to do what you choose, your not doing the DM as perscribed, More will chime in about this I am sure, but yogani does not recommend an hour so you may want to be careful or you may overload yourself. 20 minutes is the suggested time to start out in DM. while the guru is in you, it is also in the guru whom you have chosen to subscribe to. I believe his advice would be along the lines of scale back, maybe add some spinal breathing, grounding and be carefull of chrown chakra opening to quickly

Well I've been meditating for about 5 years before this. 20 mins just isn't enough time for me to actually get into a meditative state. The only reason I haven't been doing spinal breathing is because of all the physical symptoms I've been getting around the crown. It's been giving me migraines and burning in my back, so I figured I better hold off on it for a while. I really haven't been practicing much this past week because it does feel like I'm making progress too quickly. I am being very careful to not overdo it as Yogani says, but it seems to be progressing by itself. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

teejaflu

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  5:11:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is very rare for me to do an entire hour. Normally I go 30 mins once or twice a day, but I was trying to memorize a new mantra and kind of lost track of time.
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  5:38:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi teejaflu, glad you moved from lurking to sharing. "There she goes, kundalini that is" came to mind, found in lesson 83. If you're really having ongoing symptoms, maybe that might help. One thing I find interesting, not that it makes a difference, is it sounds like you were in a dream when some of this happened, like in a false awakening. I know from experience that dreams or experiences in trance can give rise to all sorts of strange sensations and sometimes even convictions, and can linger a little bit afterwards.
Go to Top of Page

teejaflu

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  6:00:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AumNaturel

Hi teejaflu, glad you moved from lurking to sharing. "There she goes, kundalini that is" came to mind, found in lesson 83. If you're really having ongoing symptoms, maybe that might help. One thing I find interesting, not that it makes a difference, is it sounds like you were in a dream when some of this happened, like in a false awakening. I know from experience that dreams or experiences in trance can give rise to all sorts of strange sensations and sometimes even convictions, and can linger a little bit afterwards.

Yes, that's the word. It was definitely a false awakening when this happened. I've had them before, but never like this. It's so strange that I could feel such intense pain and energy while asleep! (or maybe in a trance?) Thanks for the advice. It's strange even hours later, the parts in my back where the energy was shooting though feel sore and achy.
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  6:13:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AYP meditation is more intense than many other types of meditation. I suggest you follow the lessons carefully unless you end up a crispy critter with huge overload. When I started AYP I had been doing HongSau meditation for many years and I was used to doing so for hours. Other types of meditations may require longer times to go deep and imo are not as effective as AYP. AYP DM is not like that. You go deep even if without the feeling of going deep that accompanies other types of meditation. Be careful.
Go to Top of Page

teejaflu

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  7:39:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A few questions:
1. Is it ok to do base to crown pranayama once kundalini is awakened?
2. Are there any techniques to release excess buildup of energy? (all I know is to put the tip of the tongue to the roof of the mouth.)
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  7:52:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No. Kundalini can be awakened and yet one may still not be ready for crown work. Other folks on these forums have a lot of experience to advice you. My suggestion is to read the lessons thru from the start and control energy thru self pacing in the manner presented in the lessons.

quote:
Originally posted by teejaflu

A few questions:
2. Are there any techniques to release excess buildup of energy? (all I know is to put the tip of the tongue to the roof of the mouth.)

Go to Top of Page

teejaflu

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  8:20:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by LittleTurtle

No. Kundalini can be awakened and yet one may still not be ready for crown work. Other folks on these forums have a lot of experience to advice you. My suggestion is to read the lessons thru from the start and control energy thru self pacing in the manner presented in the lessons.

quote:
Originally posted by teejaflu

A few questions:

Well how do you know when you're ready? I read all the articles about the crown, but am still not sure. Isn't it supposed to pretty much open up by itself? I read in one article that Shakti is looking for Shiva and the trick is to get Shiva to come down to Shakti so they meet somewhere in the middle. Doesn't Shiva have to go through the crown?
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  9:12:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Your experience sounded very unstable. Get some miles under your belt by first doing basic meditation daily and when you have some inner silence then proceede slowly first with pranayam and when that's stable you can go further. Make haste slowly. Read the lessons from the beginning.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000