Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 what next?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jboss0526

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2011 :  3:51:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Okay, so I believe to have had a kundalini awakening... Here's what happened..

Two days ago I decided to meditate after not meditating for about a week or two because I kept getting light headed... Which I now believe was rushes of energy.... And I thought I was doing something wrong. Well as I lied in bed I just began to focus on my breathing while saying to myself "letting go of thinking, relaxing mind and body, practicing peace". I became so relaxed that it felt exhausting so I decided I would just go to sleep. Well as I began to fall asleep I felt this warmth all over my body and a great head rush, and on top of that I felt paralyze. I immediately heard this very loud noise which sounded like either really oud radio frequency or a bunch of inaudible voices. It scared me so I fought out of the paralysis state. Well still still exhausted all I wanted to do at this point was sleep but as soon as I began to fall asleep again it happened all over again... The warmth, the head rush, the paralysis, and the sounds... Only this time the sound was very audible and loud. It was a woman's voice and she very gently said... "Do you want to close the door?" I again got scared cuz I wasn't expecting it to happen again so I forced myself back to consciousness with out answering.

So now I'm wondering... Has this happened to others? Can I get the voice to cone back so I can answer her? I've continued meditating but haven't has the same experience though I always feel the energy especially in my hands, head, and chest. I don't try to focus on that experience but its so hard not to because it was all so clear... So what should I expect next.. or what should I do?

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2011 :  4:42:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi jboss and welcome!

I am not sure anyone can tell you what it was or was not as you would probably know better. With that in mind, to me it sounded like your first experience of a wake-induced lucid dream because of sleep paralysis, sensation of 'energy' (sometimes felt as vibrations and hypnogogic hallucinations), and the way you induced it on the verge of sleep with a relaxed body and mind awake (trance). You can definitely repeat the experience by recreating the conditions and method, or by trying out some of the many out there. Keep in mind that in AYP it is considered scenery as it can at times lead to sleep deprivation. Keeping a steady practice of meditation could over time make that state easier to achieve as a side-effect.
Go to Top of Page

FutureHumanDestiny

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2011 :  6:13:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
you were entering spontaneous astral projections, the strange sounds are totally normal.

it can be scary - you held it together really well!

astral projection might be a next step for you. gratz!

if you want to google more, check out:
sleep paralysis + astral projection
hypnopomp or hypnopompic audio + sleep

do it again and see if the woman comes back

-dale
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2011 :  8:45:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
On lucid dreaming and related topics, you can also read through lesson 264 - Astral Projection. You can find the rest of the lessons on the left side "Start Lessons Here" under Key Lessons.
Go to Top of Page

jboss0526

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2011 :  11:18:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When clearing the chakras and releasing Kundalini, are lucid dreams normal?
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2011 :  11:22:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi and welcome jboss

Since starting AYP practices, lucid dreams have become WAY more common. Before meditation, I had them rarely. Now they happen weekly or bi-weekly.

Wish you the best on your journey!

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

jboss0526

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2012 :  2:01:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have another question:

Every since I had this experience I have this constant pressure in my head.... Right in the frontal lobe... I guess its right where the third eye would be. It starts during meditation but even after I'm done, it continues... Does anyone else go through this? What does that mean?
Go to Top of Page

gentlep

USA
114 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2012 :  6:18:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know about your first experience but I can relate to the pain in the head. For me it's deep inside, the point where if you draw two lines, one from middle of the forehead to back and second above the ears, intersect. I think that's where what they call "kutastha" is. I was also thinking of asking if anyone else feels the same.

Edited by - gentlep on Jan 02 2012 6:22:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2012 :  9:36:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haven't had any change so far in spontaneous lucid dreams since starting AYP, but its only been almost a year. That's not to say there haven't been other changes.

When I first discovered lucid dreaming, in one of them, I looked at myself in the mirror, and was surprised to see a quite organic looking third eye open and looking around in the forehead. I also had a very subtle pressure or pulsing in the region (frontal lobe, ajna chakra area) for a long time that would start up almost at random, especially if I focused there. Now I don't much, or I don't pay attention to it as before, except during sitting practice. I wouldn't worry about what it could mean; things like that can start up one day and stop the next. It is what we do on a regular basis that keeps things going, regardless of whether it provides feedback or not.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2012 :  9:40:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jboss0526

...I have this constant pressure in my head.... Right in the frontal lobe... Does anyone else go through this? What does that mean?

Yes, it's fairly common and you'll get used to it in time. It probably means you're becoming more aware of your third eye and/or there is purification going on in that area.

If it's painful or too uncomfortable, I'd suggest cutting down on practices. Otherwise, you'll get used to it as a normal part of your experience.

I started feeling sensations there pretty early in my yoga practice. That was 7+ years ago and it still persists to this day.

Peace!
[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000