Identification with Higher beings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  05:41:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Happy holidays everyone

I was wondering if anyone has had any previous experience with this or knows anything about this kind of scenery. It's something that's been happening quite a lot with me recently during deep meditation.

While being deep in meditation, I would get identified with higher beings, teachers and saints. This has been occurring the most with Sri Ramana Maharshi. My face would become his face, or it would be like his figure is being imprinted on mine and I would be him sitting in meditation. Then throughout the day I would sometimes be overwhelmed with a silent presence and move or do a gestures while feeling my face in precise similar to someone of these higher beings I've seen before.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Love,
Ananda

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  5:02:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

I cannot share a first person experience, although there have been some temporary states of identification with natural processes or an animal godlike being, for instance. This was not during deep meditation though, but during holotropic breathwork.

Perhaps the greatest Czech yogi Eduard Tomáš (1908-2002), has written in some article, iirc, that he experienced identifications with several higher beings during his life. I think it was Ramana Maharshi who entered his body once and stayed for several weeks.

Not sure if any of Tomáš's writings have been translated into English.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  5:22:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing this dear mimirom

I will look and see if there is anything available on the net concerning Eduard in English.

Much love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  5:27:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Eduard looks like a beautiful person, I am sure he's in peace

But sadly it seems like none of his works are available in English.

Salam
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  10:00:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm...the only distinct higher being experience for me has come with an ingestion of the potent psychoactive chemical DMT, the so-called "spirit molecule". That was before I began a daily spiritual practice, and though I've been tempted to try that drug again, I'm afraid I would cling to the "peak experience" and want to see these two particular beings that I saw.

Both were of Eastern/Indian complexion. One was a radiant man sitting in a vast expanse of space--just joyfully meditating in the holographic texture through which I perceived. The other was a beautiful mermaid-like female that floated swimmingly through the same space, smiling at me the whole time and looking directly in my eyes. She was also beaming and full of devastating bliss. There was no attempt to communicate with them because I was too awestruck, fully immersed in the the witness trance.

During AYP deep meditation, I've maybe had very faint, luminescent glimpses of other figures/beings/non-Earthly scenes, but nothing remotely close to the DMT experience.

So, I persist with SBP/DM/Samyama/Tantra, with the hopes and ishta that I may encounter higher beings again, but I don't want to cheat with the use of psychedelics. I want to take the permanent route and use AYP practices for non-stop purification and opening! Who wants to be teased without getting the full show?

Thanks for this post, Ananda. Namaste.
Go to Top of Page

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  12:20:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda

I have read accounts of Babaji while meditating with Boganathar in Srilanka identified himself with 'Muruga' consciousness(Indian deity) - could not recall the source though. It might mostly occur when those beings over-arch your spiritual evolution. Enjoy the journey!

Love & Bliss !
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  01:59:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
since you already know it is couterproductive scenery why dwell on it?
even Ramana would disapprove....lol....he will give you the seer and seen argument....
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  04:44:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Chit-ananda and Bodhi for writing and sharing

I think you're right dear Chit-Ananda

Dear Maheswari, It's not counterproductive. I am just trying to understand what's happening. The whole thing is happening automatically during meditation. Plus, this is part of my bhaktik side and it's not about knowledge or Jnana.

As for Ramana who is my Ishta, he is in my heart and my whole being and I am all fully aware about his teachings and the many examples of his devotees and those latter with their devotees also whom a lot of consist mainly of elements of bhakti .

I've encountered somethings during my readings about the guru disciple relationship. In one of them, a person has a picture of his guru set on the side of his bed like I have of Ramana and he ends up looking like his guru in the end.

It's false to say that Ramana always encouraged Jnana alone, considering him being the biggest bhakta of Arunachala. Otherwise, why would he keep on walking around the mountain daily.

As Amma says, hope I remember this right: Bhakti and courage are the wings of the bird while jnana is it's tail. All three are necessary to reach the goal. A bird cannot fly without any one of those three.

Take my post in the kali topic for example, I know about the whole thing about discernment and jnana and that I should let the whole thing go... Yet I can't help it but be in love with the divine mother. This love is beyond my control and it's best if I don't control it. I want to be in love with God and Truth in all it's forms.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  04:58:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I am just trying to understand what's happening. The whole thing is happening automatically during meditation. Plus, this is part of my bhaktik

bhakti does not try to understand nor does it raise questions whereas you are ....bhakti is one pointed whereas you are divided b/w Kali,Ramana,Amma....some self pacing is needed...
just my 2 cents
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  05:16:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
They are all one, are they not?
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  05:24:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Murugunar was only centered on Ramana
Ramakrishna was only centered on Kali
no need to complicate things, pick one and stick to it till its depths...instead of digging shallow holes everywhere
why do you want to compare with others' experiences?
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  06:31:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Easy to understand. Everything is possible, just as in a dream, everything is fluid so you can assume the mantle of anyone that you know or have heard, or seen. You can become many parts combined, because that is your nature. Do what you need to do, it's fine because it was always meant to be that way.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  07:20:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dears, thank you for your input. As I've already said in my previous posts, this thing with different higher beings happens automatically. My main Ishta is Sri Ramana.

As per Sri Ramakrishna, just to shed some more light on the matter. He's been through a lot of deity sadhanas. Of the prophet Muhamad, Jesus and Kali and in the end found that they are all one and the end game is the same.

Also Amma have been through Krishna and Kali sadhanas... Kali first appeared to her as she appeared to me out of the blue. I am taking this thing as it goes, just enjoying myself.

If I overload along the way, that's okay I know how to self pace. As long as the desire for Truth is behind all this. I can never go wrong. The divine will guide my steps.

Salam
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  08:12:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

I have never felt the first person experience but have seen shridi and satya sai baba continuesly in my dreams and they do some msg for me or bless although I am not so much of a devotee of sai. Other than I have seen my own higher self and she showed me some symbols they were in golden of which only one I remember ie two snakes intervening one another and there is a stick inbetween.I saw 2 higher beings who have put their thumb on my thrid eye and blessed me.

Love n Light
Viji
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  08:38:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks viji
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  3:15:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
what i am trying to say is very consistent to what your friend told you here
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....&whichpage=2

in such short time you are having so many visions, and dwelling on them,thinking about them,talking about them,discussing and comparing....which are all far beyond the allowed momentary safe enjoyments of scenery...it seems you are falling into a bog....
true theses visions are automatically coming to you, well same thing applies for all thoughts that one has during DM for instance we dont choose them ,they come by themselves...it is all mental constructions...as long you give it importance it will grow and take many other faces ...unless one wants to end the self hypnosis and snap out of it...
no more posts for me in this thread
all the best
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  5:14:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with you from this angle.
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  5:47:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, what maheswari said makes sense to me too. As AYP says, the only thing we need to do with all scenery is to "move on". I know the mind wont accept labeling all such wonderful experiences as scenery and putting them on par with thoughts and other stuff lol. But I think it is vital for our progress to just move on and not get hung up on anything.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  6:33:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Doesn't matter if you dwell on it or move on. It's what you need right now because that's just how it unfolds. Some put milk in the cup before the tea, some put tea in first. It's individual to everyone. As long as there is a desire, a drive, a devotion then that is all that is needed.

Some plants grow through stony ground and need to get through cracks between stones, others are deep in lush soil and can grow straight up. The fruit falls when it is ripe and not before.

A bog is just as useful as dry ground. Being trapped creates the energy for escape.if your always escondido you can run out of energy. It all comes good in the end, just trust it will.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  7:24:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nearoanoke

Yes, what maheswari said makes sense to me too. As AYP says, the only thing we need to do with all scenery is to "move on". I know the mind wont accept labeling all such wonderful experiences as scenery and putting them on par with thoughts and other stuff lol. But I think it is vital for our progress to just move on and not get hung up on anything.

Yes, I agree also but this is not the main point of the topic. To be honest I am all too familiar with all this. Yogani kept on repeating it to me during the first couple of months I came to AYP years back... And I explain it for others whom I interact with every day but I think it's okay for it to be mentioned in this topic in case a new comer comes in.

Speaking for myself, I just don't see what is so bad in sharing this stuff out here in the open. I have too many scenery going on, heck everything is scenery and shouldn't be dwelled on if you want to look at things truelly...

I only share the experiences with the perfume of mystique out here in the open.

As for understanding them, If I can then why not that would be nice and I'll move on. If I can't then I'll just count them as scenery and move on also.

Either way, I'm going to enjoy and keep on walking.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  08:29:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
From attachment and aversion be free.
As long as you are not holding on to it Ananda, it is fine.
Enjoy.
If you find yourself missing it or wanting more, there is something to look into. If you are indulging it during your practices, then it's a no no. But if it comes up naturally during the day you dont have to push it away.

http://www.aypsite.org/94.html
If you are doing spinal breathing and, as you come up to the third eye on inhalation, your ishta (your chosen ideal – Jesus, Krishna, Moses, Mohammed, Mother Divine, etc.) comes galloping up to you in a golden chariot, beckoning you to climb in and go for a ride, what do you do? You easily exhale and go back down the spinal nerve. In other words, you favor the practice you are doing. If the chariot with your ishta in it goes down the spinal nerve with you, great. If it doesn't, that is okay too. We don't push visions out. Neither do we hang on to them. We just favor the practice we are doing. If these visions are real, they will be with us for a long time both inside and outside practices. Your ishta will understand that you are doing practices, and will be happy to take you for a ride afterwards. It is the practices that have created the opportunity for such experiences in your expanding spiritual nervous system. Always keep that in mind. Don't let your experiences distract you from the practices that have facilitated them. If you remain steadfast in practices, your experiences will become greater and greater, eventually never leaving you. You will find yourself trooping around during the day with your ishta, and an entourage of angels too! Experiences do not beget greater experiences. Practices do.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  12:08:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Much thanks dear Shanti

namaste
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  12:49:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
curious

Is there any reference for ignoring ishta devata when it comes up in meditation outside of Yoganis teachings ?

I have never seen any

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  3:06:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogesh

I think it's the buddha who said, quote: "If you see the buddha, kill the buddha."

With all due respect to dear Yoganiji and the Buddha; I Personally think either way it's all good. We enjoy this stuff when it happens and we move on afterwards. But I think Yoganiji knows what's best for us in the end

As he said, if the vision is true. That higher being or Ishta won't be mad at us if we continue our practice. Because it is the reason which has lead us into having the chance to meet the Ishta. I know this is how it has worked for me and for a few friends of mine.

On the other hand, I think it's Muktananda who have played around the most with this stuff. If my memory serves me right, in the book "Play of consciousness" he went into a chariot with a higher being during one of his meditations...

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  3:29:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
"If you see the buddha, kill the buddha."

excellent quote
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  3:41:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think you said "No more posts for me in this thread"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000