Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Automatic Mantra Switch-er-oo
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  8:57:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone:

I've been chugging along happily with the ayam (IAM) matra for some months now. Recently, I could feel the "Om" trying to wiggle its way in, and I thought to myself that maybe I'd better dig through the lessons and find the mantra enhancements. But I didn't do it.

Then this morning, I was chugging along with ayam, and "SHREE SHREE OHM IAM IAM NAMAH NAMAH" burst onto the scene without any conscious effort. And it stuck. It also felt really right. Now I'm looking through the lessons, and I'm realizing that this morning's outburst isn't any of the mantra enhancements, although it most closely resembles the third one: SHREE OM SHREE OM I AM I AM NAMAH NAMAH

Should I roll with the one that burst out this morning, or should I try to fix it? I suppose if I were to answer my own question, I would tell myself to fix it and get it right. I also thought it was kind of funny how things gave me a kick in the pants this morning and I just wanted to share.

lots-o-love,
--Liz

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  12:44:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, so it's not happening only with me!! thank for sharing this.

In my case, for last couple of sitting I am experiencing heavy thoughts flowing and getting up from meditation with bit of frustration in my mind. From the beginning, when thought comes, mantra and thoughts keep occuring at the same time. These days, when I tried to get back to the mantra with more concentration, at times I found that it have some fuzzy prefix which is not clear but definitely has an 'S'. In one particular case, I clearly remember that I was chanting 'Shu I am' - only silence knows where I got that.

I was thinking if it is time to take uk the 'Shree Shree I Am I Am'

Love ...
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  08:02:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by whippoorwill

I suppose if I were to answer my own question, I would tell myself to fix it and get it right.

Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2011 :  5:58:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So funny!

Hi Shanti: I fixed it! It took a little bit of conscious effort but soon settled right in.

Hi Swan: Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm also glad I'm not the only one with matras popping out of nowhere.

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2011 :  04:00:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In my case it's the "Namah, namah" that is "killing me"; I grew unhappy with my sittings not quite knowing why - so I went back to base and I was ok again. Then over weeks, I added back the shree, shree; again I was still ok; then I added Namah, namah... and again, I am growing unhappier.. and I can guess why. Namah works on the lower chakras and I am totally inactive down there I am strong on the upper chakras. But now that I know, I am sticking with it... Namah, namah, I mean; but I will add the Om soon to see if that helps make me happier.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

shalu5

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2012 :  11:45:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had something similar happen to me last week as well. Suddenly my mantra switched to IAM IAM NAMAH NAMAH by itself. Thinking it was a valid enhancement, I used it for two days. It seemed to work deeply on the heart which IAM had been digging into for the past month or so.
When I looked at the online lessons I realized it wasn't a valid enhancement and I don't feel ready for the SHREE SHREE IAM IAM, so I reverted back to IAM consciously.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  04:01:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So I added the Om - Shree, Om, Shree, Om, I am, I am Namah
Phew ! I just read that off the page and I am like a candle blowing in the wind. Still, I insisted and tried it out a couple of days, but had to cut back DM to 15 mins as it is way too powerful. I think I will have to drop it, I am feeling completely "spacey" today, with insects crawling my skin and feeling oh so fragile and close to tears.

Now we know...
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2012 :  5:05:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I hope you feel better soon!
Yeah, the new mantra knocks me out sometimes. Sometimes it's more like shree om shree oooommmm ummm huh? ayam ayam namah namah. Samyama has become that way too. I lose consciousness and lose my place for a bit, although not on any particular sutra. So far, things are okay. There's no sign of overload in my daily life, but I'm keeping an eye on it, because this mantra is powerful.
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2012 :  09:07:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh yes, the enhancements are powerful!

Shree Shree I am I am is taking me dipper again, speeded up purification in heart and solar plexus and lower chakras also and overall feel is very good. However, indications are there that I am closer to the edge with this new mantra and I should be careful. I want to go with the new one and use caution if needed.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000