New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

gatito

United Kingdom
179 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2012 :  3:34:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

for now my yogic IQ is at this lesson...later will see

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2012 :  6:16:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

quote:
Is that because I'm lazy hope you didn't mind. The M in James Bond would be really good.

I am eagerly awaiting your translation into Sanskrit

no i dont mind
as for lessons in sanskrit i am afraid you have to wait for a very long time cause M has now a mission with James in the Tropics

I keep hearing that Bond theme music now. Watch out for Q.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2012 :  6:24:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by gatito

quote:
Originally posted by karl

The coexistence of the witness with objects is not generally accepted by those engaged in the most uncompromising forms of self-inquiry, even as they engage with objects and walk about doing daily activities ranging from the mundane to the complex. Their assertion is that there are no objects. In uncompromising approaches to self-inquiry, we are instructed to let life go and reside in That which is behind the illusion. We are told, "Be the blank screen behind the movie."

It is all well and good. It is the truth. We are That and all objects are projections of That. However, this kind of thinking will only be thinking if there is no abiding witness present while such concepts are being entertained. And therein lies the problem, a flaw in the impeccable logic of pure uncompromising self-inquiry.

The premise is that if one engages in this kind of logic for long enough, then eventually the letting go that results will lead to realization, and the cognition of That which is beyond the play occurring in time and space, which is presumed to have no reality whatsoever. This "realization" can be instant. So it is said.

There is an inconsistency in this approach. Not for everyone, but for a large percentage of the population. The problem is that for those who are yet to cultivate abiding inner silence (the witness) this kind of self-inquiry will be largely intellectual. That which is being sought in letting go is a thought object in the mind also. So it is thoughts about thoughts. The mind playing with the mind. It can go on for a very long time. Talk about an illusion!

This kind of self-inquiry can lead to much trouble in life – an attitude of meaninglessness and a loss of motivation to engage in living. The very act of affirming non-duality (unmanifest Oneness) and the non-existence of duality (Oneness plus diversity) can lead to a sense of hopelessness if one is not experiencing at least a smidgen of the thing itself, the witness, the screen behind the movie of life.

I have taken this bit from the lesson by Yogani, as it is a far better explanation.

It's very kind of you to have searched out this quote for me but it does nothing to refute what I said, which was: -

"...you can't really move on before you've seen through some of the basic assumptions (like the belief in the existence of external objects)."

What's seen is that the apparently external objects are neither external nor separate.......that's non-duality......that's Advaita!!!

This is a point that you apparently didn't reach your own inquiry.

All you need is Love
Go to Top of Page

gatito

United Kingdom
179 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2012 :  07:59:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by gatito

quote:

The coexistence of the witness with objects is not generally accepted by those engaged in the most uncompromising forms of self-inquiry, even as they engage with objects and walk about doing daily activities ranging from the mundane to the complex. Their assertion is that there are no objects. In uncompromising approaches to self-inquiry, we are instructed to let life go and reside in That which is behind the illusion. We are told, "Be the blank screen behind the movie."

It is all well and good. It is the truth. We are That and all objects are projections of That. However, this kind of thinking will only be thinking if there is no abiding witness present while such concepts are being entertained. And therein lies the problem, a flaw in the impeccable logic of pure uncompromising self-inquiry.

The premise is that if one engages in this kind of logic for long enough, then eventually the letting go that results will lead to realization, and the cognition of That which is beyond the play occurring in time and space, which is presumed to have no reality whatsoever. This "realization" can be instant. So it is said.

There is an inconsistency in this approach. Not for everyone, but for a large percentage of the population. The problem is that for those who are yet to cultivate abiding inner silence (the witness) this kind of self-inquiry will be largely intellectual. That which is being sought in letting go is a thought object in the mind also. So it is thoughts about thoughts. The mind playing with the mind. It can go on for a very long time. Talk about an illusion!

This kind of self-inquiry can lead to much trouble in life – an attitude of meaninglessness and a loss of motivation to engage in living. The very act of affirming non-duality (unmanifest Oneness) and the non-existence of duality (Oneness plus diversity) can lead to a sense of hopelessness if one is not experiencing at least a smidgen of the thing itself, the witness, the screen behind the movie of life.

I have taken this bit from the lesson by Yogani, as it is a far better explanation.

It's very kind of you to have searched out this quote for me but it does nothing to refute what I said, which was: -

"...you can't really move on before you've seen through some of the basic assumptions (like the belief in the existence of external objects)."

What's seen is that the apparently external objects are neither external nor separate.......that's non-duality......that's Advaita!!!

This is a point that you apparently didn't reach your own inquiry.

All you need is Love

And a nice cup of tea.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2012 :  12:46:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As for me - I still do not get this self-enquiry business

However, I did find something useful from Neile Walsch - when faced with a situation , a decision, a thought - to ask "Who do I choose to be in view of this ?" And with the abiding silence /witness I have, I find myself automatically choosing to be Love
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000