Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Precision of meditation time day after day
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

richilincez

Italy
24 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2011 :  2:03:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I have been meditating without missing one day for months so far. It is almost always divided between immediately after wake up and at 5pm. Anyhow, it's not ALWAYS the same time. Is there any benefit at being clok-precise in the meditation schedule?

Thanks

Riccardo

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2011 :  2:21:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Riccardo

there is some benefit cause one is training the mind to create a positive habit...so when the time of the sitting comes the mind will be anticipating it out of habit and will be more inclined to withdraw within especially at the beginning of one's spiritual journey

just do your best in keeping the timing of sessions fixed....obviously daily activities will sometimes compel us to alter the timing of the sit (especially the evening one)

with time even daily actions will be done in a meditative way,"stillness in action" as Yogani perfectly expresses it
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2011 :  10:52:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Riccado,

Its great you are able to keep up the time and it helps a lot in meditation as mind is tuned into that particular timing and as he time comes the mind relaxes and anticipates the meditation.I am sure it'll bring about more stillness in you.

You can self space if there is some symtoms which surfaces otherwise you can keep up the timing which is great!

Love n Light
Viji
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2011 :  11:38:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've had a very erratic meditation schedule, and for some periods no schedule at all. Sometimes I miss a day while being careless, but I always feel a calling back to the cushion. The longer I wait between sessions, the more intensely I want to practice (like brushing my teeth). The spiritual progression will continue as long as you keep practicing on a daily basis. Doing it twice a day at a scheduled time happens to be a very easy way to make sure you're getting two practice sessions per day. In other words, keeping a schedule is better to the extent that it aids you in maintaining the daily habit for the long term. Keeping an exactly precise schedule may be a way of forming an even stronger habit.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2011 :  1:18:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I always feel a calling back to the cushion.

nice way of expressing it...now my cushion is calling me ,cant wait
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2011 :  6:08:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I find it helpful to keep the momentum of habit going, but not if at the expense of being able to add flexibility, of finding those opportunities and going for it as opposed to waiting a little later. The habit of having no habit, so to speak, is also a good one to have.

I can almost hear Nisargadatta whispering "action delayed is action abandoned."
Go to Top of Page

richilincez

Italy
24 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2011 :  6:21:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks so much

Riccardo
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000