Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 A cat?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2011 :  05:04:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Weirdest meditation for a long time. I was awake watching myself watching a cat. It just sat there looking at me moving its head slightly. Never had any scenery for about 2 years then this grey cat pops up, doesn't make a sound, just watches me intently, very strange.

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2011 :  05:15:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
dear Karl
you should have reported your grey cat here
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=10217

i love cats

Edited by - maheswari on Dec 22 2011 05:19:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2011 :  05:51:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

dear Karl
you should have reported your grey cat here
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=10217

i love cats

So do I. We had two that have since died, we decided not to get anymore.
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2011 :  11:22:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting.

I like cats too, just not their fur and their litter box, and having to take care of them, and...well its hard not to like them.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2011 :  1:35:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think I put up a barrier to this particular cat because of the natural tendency to discard scenery. Saw a lot of it in the early days. Fantastic, but I knew what it was.

A few hours later on and I can feel its eyes locked onto me with an intense, dispassion less curiosity. It's as if it is waiting for me to do something, it seems to be expecting something to happen. It's like a crowd showing up when they know something is about to happen. If I turn inwards it is still there, just watching.

It's pretty spooky. Good job I like Cats.

Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2011 :  1:39:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That must have been my grey tabby cat. His habit is to plunk down next to me when I meditate. Maybe I was sleeping and he wanted a new friend to hang out with
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2011 :  01:38:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We have three cats at my hometown. When the smallest one saw me doing sirsasana it was like spellbound, with worry and astonishment sculpted in its little face, big eyes and bend neck
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2011 :  02:36:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Pets are quite good in detecting meditative activities. Some may even become restless although you're meditating or Sirsasanaing i another room, with doors closed. Even cats I've never met before tend to be cuddlier for a few hrs after.

I've a book (now finally returned to me... ) about the scientifically observable effects of meditation (which I think are easy to smell/hear/notice for pets); mentioned & linked here:
www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=9673#83106
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  03:14:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My dear Karl,

Send in a mouse - that should get the cat chasing it out of your sight

Sey
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2011 :  03:18:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
loll
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000