Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Yogic fly
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The_seeker

Canada
27 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  4:50:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit The_seeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,
I m opening this topic hoping we ll share interesting info related to experiences with the last sutra in samyama *lightness of the air*
I've practiced TM for a while and I witnessed some incredible experiences with the so called yogic fly sutra (TM siddhi program)...which is actually a longer version of "lightness of the air".
Any input would be apreciated

Thx

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 10 2012 5:37:22 PM

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  5:41:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by The_seeker
...I witnessed some incredible experiences with the so called yogic fly sutra

Hi The Seeker,

Now I'm curious. Would you like to tell a little about some of those incredible experiences that you witnessed?
Go to Top of Page

The_seeker

Canada
27 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  6:45:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit The_seeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I exaggerated probably, I wanted to say, actually... interesting experiences :)
Basically, during samyama on this sutra a sudden, clearly distinctive energy can be felt, an energy that moves quite drastically the body. The body jumps (like a frog leap) without any reason. During the jump itself, there is an intense, blissful feeling (like a whole body experience...it's difficult to explain). I have no idea if it’s a normal reaction, if that’s supposed to happen, etc.
I’d like to find out if there are peoples experiencing similar things and willing to share experiences :)
Thank you
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  7:00:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i dont use mantras, but I have felt really light in my being, and have felt my left foot on one occasion kinda lift off the ground, as if it wanted to float, and my right foot at a later date. with both together, the lightness still wouldn't of been enough to levitate, but it was kind of a neat occurence :).

This happened not while meditating or anything, I was just walking around and it happened.

Edited by - Divineis on Dec 16 2011 7:22:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

The_seeker

Canada
27 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2011 :  9:11:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit The_seeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I know it may sound funny, but it is what it is. And the funny thing is that it doesn't happen with the other sutras. Only this specific one generates this energy/mouvement. Being relaxed and following the known procedure (reliesing gently the sutra and waiting quitly with no expectation for 15 second) the body starts shaking and moving/jumping. It's nothing supernatural, just frog leap like jumps. I don't know how to explain this, anyways, it feels good. In fact all sutras feels amazing, this last one just amplyfies the inner experience + the weird movement of the body:)
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2011 :  12:18:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In Lesson 150, Yogani says: "It is not uncommon to experience physical symptoms such as panting (automatic bastrika pranayama) and "hopping" during samyama with the lightness sutra. If this happens, make sure you are sitting on a soft surface like a mattress."

Sometimes I experience a rhythmic contraction of the buttocks, and early on in my samyama practice, the Akasha-- lightness of air, was accompanied by that sort of energy, although without outward physical movement. Currently, when I do the lightness of air sutra, what I sometimes notice is a reduced sensation of the boundary between what is inside and what is outside my skin, along with an increased sense of pranic energy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000