New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2011 :  06:13:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
beautiful painting Shweta...i like the detail of the manicured nails (i always manicure my nails)..on the spiritual path but good looking...this is my moto...loll...
i really need to start drawing again ...
Love
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2011 :  07:18:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

beautiful painting Shweta...i like the detail of the manicured nails (i always manicure my nails)..on the spiritual path but good looking...this is my moto...

reminds me of the Eddy Izzard bit on transvestites

So that's where it is. So it’s “running, jumping, climbing trees, putting on makeup when you're up there.

Well it made me laugh
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2011 :  07:26:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
So that's where it is. So it’s “running, jumping, climbing trees, putting on makeup when you're up there.

yep it is not mutually exclusive...i personally see it as part of loving and accepting yourself so one can expand and love others....

Edited by - maheswari on Dec 18 2011 07:28:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2011 :  09:10:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely. I've been working on that very issue. After working for years to get rid of my ego, I had the tendency to think "I" don't matter. So there were many things in life that I would avoid even though I enjoy them. So recently I am working on improving my lifestyle, and it feels good!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2011 :  09:18:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Jeff and Maheswari.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2011 :  2:29:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
After working for years to get rid of my ego, I had the tendency to think "I" don't matter. So there were many things in life that I would avoid even though I enjoy them

i have been there during my yoga journey....it lasted for around 2 years...then one discovers that one is shutting down instead of opening up
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2011 :  08:11:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ahh the space be as you are, not as you imagine yourself to be.

That has definitely helped and 'pop' the love starts flowing, just like taking a rock from a stream.

Thanks Shanti

Love to everyone

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2011 :  10:25:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2011 :  10:53:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

quote:
After working for years to get rid of my ego, I had the tendency to think "I" don't matter. So there were many things in life that I would avoid even though I enjoy them

i have been there during my yoga journey....it lasted for around 2 years...then one discovers that one is shutting down instead of opening up

Hi Maheswari! Yes, that's it exactly! When a person tries to kill off or deny an aspect of one's nature, the person shuts down instead of opening up and living fully. (I find I like blue fingernails and toenails. )

Beautiful painting, Shanti! I'm printing your post about stepping back and taping it to my workboard.

Much love,
--Liz

Edited by - whippoorwill on Dec 19 2011 11:07:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2011 :  1:36:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2011 :  10:13:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by whippoorwill

Beautiful painting, Shanti! I'm printing your post about stepping back and taping it to my workboard.

Thank you.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000