Enlightenment Milestones
 The rise of intuitive knowing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Louie

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2011 :  2:42:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I want to discuss this here because I am curious if others have experienced this as well.

As I have progressd further and further into my meditation practice there has been a rise in what I call intuitive knowledge. It is kind of hard to explain but I will try.

Sometimes I will ask myself a question and the response comes into my mind. It does not come as words. Rather it comes as a knowing of the correct answer.

Other times I will be thinking to myself and suddenly I will know that I am wrong about this particular subject (whatever it is) and I will know what the correct way to perceive this is. It just comes as a flash of insight.

Is this my higher self (soul) injecting knowledge into the conscious mind? Whatever it is, it is very cool. It is like I have someone watching my every thought and gently correcting me when I start to go off on a tangent. It is not trying to control me, although I do sometimes feel a strong compulsion to do something or avoid doing something in particular. Some of the synchronocities that have occured in my life recently have been bizzare.

I know that it is a higher level of myself that is giving me the information, but it is hard to visualize a mind that works on different levels like that.

In parralel with this rise in "higher" communication, I have also noticed that my body is communicating with me more. I crave certain foods and sometimes feel like I really need to go for a walk or do some stretching.

I am only speculating here, but it seems to me that as I continue my yoga practices the divisions between different layers of the human being that I am are blurring. Different layers of the mind are freely exchanging information now. Does that make sense?

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2011 :  3:57:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it certainly does. The inner Guru is doing its thing because you are listening, just as it should be, pure and natural. That's good solid progress.

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2011 :  6:10:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, that is the inner guru. If you just let it go and don't pay much attention it will continue. However, if your mind becomes fascinated with it, it can interfere. This is what happened to me.

My mind tried to imitate the inner guru, and started feeding me bits of information and i couldn't tell the difference between inner guru and mind babble.
So i asked my inner guru to show me how to tell the difference, and then I let it go in silence. (That's how i always ask my inner guru stuff).
It showed me there is a difference between the mind and the inner guru. When the mind makes up stuff, there is a slight effort involved. It is unconscious, but still some small effort I can feel.
But when the inner guru speaks (or whatever it does), there is no effort at all.
Go to Top of Page

Louie

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2011 :  12:28:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My mind quite often debates with itself. It is like different parts of my conditionned self are arguing. I am used to that kind of mental chatter.

When the guru comes in it is different. It has a certain authority to it that causes all of the inner squabbling to stop and all parts of the mind agree that this is the truth. It is hard to say why I know that this particular voice is the guru. I just know.
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2011 :  7:42:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome to the max.

Yes I have experienced this. In fact, intuitive knowing is pretty much my cheat sheet in life - you get answers and guidance so quickly and efficiently, as soon as they are required, and you are ready to ask for them.

My whole life is guided by my intuition.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000