Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Meditation creating a feeling of burden in me
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

escapado

Germany
88 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  12:54:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey folks!
I've had a "problem" with my sitting practices for a while now and I thought why not ask the community, they certainly know how to help one out!

Ok so here it is:
When I sit for meditation and think I am I can feel something that I'd describe as a feeling of burden on in my throat and I have to swallow the saliva. It feels like a tightening in that area and also occurs in the space of the heart.
This makes the meditation practice REALLY hard and afterwards I feel messed up.

I noticed that certain feelings like a feeling of openness in the head area can stimulate for a deeper meditation
And other feelings can take my focus from it

I try not to focus on the feelings at all but.. well yea
do what to do? :)

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  1:14:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
First thoughts are the need for self pacing and grounding. Less is more, go out and walk, exercise helps.

As to concentrating on feelings, don't worry let them happen, trying to force it away as it only increases the feelings. Best to let them be, examine them without any judgement, let the Mantra carry on in a little silent bubble where you can continue to put your attention. Eventually, given time the distraction will release itself and you will get a period where the Mantra seems very easy, followed by more distractions. That's the game

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  2:29:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Escapado,

As Karl says, nothing is wrong, it is all part of the game. You are experiencing the throat and heart chakras. Gradually, with time, these will begin to open and flower. When they do you will no longer experience the sensation of "tightness" or blockage in those areas.

If you are not already practising spinal breathing you should add that to your practice. This will help to open things up in a more dynamic way.
Go to Top of Page

Leo17

USA
29 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  8:10:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Escapado,

I can relate and I think what Christi above wrote was right on. In time these things will pass as long as you keep up with your daily practice. I also feel a lot of blockage in my throat and heart. For me it is a clogged and stuffed type feeling. I find that heart breathing is very good for this. Sometimes I even replace spinal breathing with heart breathing because I feel that is what I need most right now. When Yogani says "the guru is in you" he is right. Listen to your needs and do what feels the best for you.
Go to Top of Page

escapado

Germany
88 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  12:40:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you guys so much! :)

Spinal Breathing isn't too much of an alternative for me tho, since these energyblocks make it hard for the breath to move through these areas and I end up pushing myself to get the air moving and in the end just to get it all breathed out and I don't know what to do with that issue

I'll keep on going with my daily practices tho and I'll report back whenever this feeling has ceased :)
Go to Top of Page

Yaming

Switzerland
112 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  7:40:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Why don't you just gently move up and down during spinal breathing? Instead of pushing through a blockage just skip over it and continue your path. Where the mind goes prana follows. So as time goes by the energy will find it's own way through the blockage. As long as you keep going from root till 3rd eye you should do just fine.
My two cents :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000