AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 to change things or to see them as perfect
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  7:53:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
*whacks Karl with a bamboo stick* now why would I do this? hehehe
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  9:18:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
About scenery:
Yes we all enjoy the scenery and Yogani says don't get caught up in the scenery 'cause you'll never get to california. But the analogy breaks down, because scenery can be more enjoyable, and who cares about california? That's an end point, and enlightenment doesn't have an end.
But we all understand the "scenery" analogy which just means continue practicing (driving) instead of stopping.

I get ugly scenery too. I cope with the world and people better than ever, but in the back of my mind I have various proofs that I am mentally ill!
My psychologist friend says nobody is normal and what is important is how you cope with society, communicate with people, get what you need etc. I think it must be a stubborn ego grasping at straws as it drowns.
Go to Top of Page

Mikananda

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  07:07:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

I shouldn't have asked so many questions, it became a landslide.

I will have to forgo a point by point reply otherwise the world will run out of electricity.

Hawkins scale, sorry It means nothing at all to me. I get on with whatever is needed, however directed, do the practises, work on myself and let my commitment/bakhti be the process by which my world heals The Ego needs to measure and seeks approval and should lead to further inquiry otherwise I must be miles away from any understanding of enlightenment.

Hi Mikanda

I was interested in your definition mathematically. It seemed like an equation. Polarities are interesting. Common mathematical concepts always refer to 0 as the start of all numbers.

In unity all things are one, or perhaps zero would be better.this is not a describable place, it is the place from which descriptions and consciousness manifest. While we experience consciousness we can know God. After all we are made in his image, all we need to do is to initiate the relationship. Just like a mirror, it is empty until we are prepared to approach.

I have said very often that we can enjoy the ride that is life. I don't subscribe to the idea that it is an illusion except for the necessity of using that idea for realisation. It is a beautiful creation of infinite Love. Real means something different to me than the idea of illusion, or the source of all. It means things as they are, not how I think they are.

The one area I still find that makes little sense is the idea of Universal thought. From the sense that all is derived from the source, that is a given, I already live there. Within the manifestation of consciousness, I breath, I think. There is polarity involved. Something that fits with the idea of a division of unity instead of just an increasing integer. A split. It is said that God separated the light from the dark. No one said that the light indicated a binary 1 and dark the Zero. It seems consciousness has the same polarity, both shadow and light. This tension between both is where it seems to me that thoughts are created, but what do I know.

Greetings Karl

Well said. I find it interesting, as I have gotten to know the regular posters here at the forum. We all have our own personalities. I hope mine does not come across too harsh. I appreciate everyone's input and respect their views. Just as iron sharpens iron, and one heart reflects another.

Edited by - Mikananda on Dec 06 2011 07:09:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  07:32:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's what makes it work. I love that no one really knows, we each get something we can share. Neither do I think you should simply keel over on something that you hold as true, so I expect that everybody will be putting over their view of the world with enough grit to make it another possible piece in the jigsaw.

I know I can seem pretty vociferous, yet I have a very open mind. Show me something better and I'm going to thank you for it. However if it has holes, I'm going to have to probe and often by using my own understanding as a challenge. If it stands up and my understanding is destroyed in the process, all the better. The more I destroy the better I like it .
Go to Top of Page

Mikananda

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  07:34:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A woman was once asked, "what is it that is holding up the earth." She replied, "It is a layer of elephants." She was then asked, "What is holding up that layer of elephants?" She responded, "It is another layer of elephants." And what is holding up that layer?" Well with that she said, "It is no use, it is layers of elephants all the way."

So it is with ideas, one idea is being supported by another, and another, and another. This is part of the ocean of maya (even maya is an idea). It is very interesting when one considers what we are trying to do. We are trying to liberate the mind with the mind. It has been said that, you may have the power to throw hugh mountains into the sea, tame every kind of wild animal, aquire hugh amounts of money, but to be able to control the mind is a far greater and more difficult accomplishment.

There was a time when I thought the name of the game was reason. Knowing and understanding many things. I still think this very important. However, I am now thinking this too is a yoke. For one does not think love, one feels love. For what we truly want is not to think we are enlighten, rather we what to feel that we are enlighten (or whatever state of consiousness you are seeking).
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  08:22:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The more I have followed this course of action, one thing is certain, it always unfolds completely differently to how I imagined. The goal is never attained, instead I change in an unexpected way and that goal becomes redundant.

It used to be strange to see the world change as I change. If I'm angry, so is the world, if I'm confused then so is the world. I used to secretly awed and amazed by synchronicity, even though it was something that was a key part of the work I used to do. Now it happens so fast and frequently it's difficult to know if I'm lagging or leading. It's like my world is being folded in like a souffle mix.

Just when I think I'm free and heading in the right direction a big strong chain pulls me up and gives me another lesson which makes me laugh out loud. It can feel like being in a comedy sketch where a big ACME weight squashes me flat. I love it. Just allowing that deconstruction is incredibly freeing. I put myself in the way of any future doubts to see what will happen, even to the point of giving up a really well paying job and watching my material desires begin to crumble like sugar into tea.

I don't care about the end game, I don't care if there actually is one, the journey alone is such a crazy thing that it keeps me occupied. It's not always easy, but no one promised me that.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  8:04:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Karl wrote:
"However if it has holes, I'm going to have to probe"
Just wanted to make you feel like politicians do when the media takes their statements out of context. . .

"I'm angry, so is the world, if I'm confused then so is the world"
Yes I've noticed this to da max!
Go to Top of Page

Mikananda

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  07:55:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

The more I have followed this course of action, one thing is certain, it always unfolds completely differently to how I imagined.

What course of action of are you referring to?
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  10:59:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Mikananda

quote:

The more I have followed this course of action, one thing is certain, it always unfolds completely differently to how I imagined.

What course of action of are you referring to?

Any spiritual practice.
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  5:15:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Karl, I know you dont the point system, but youve gone up almsot 200 pts. Anything really change? if so, I'll give you another whack of the bamboo stick :p hehehe

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  6:27:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Divineis

Karl, I know you dont the point system, but youve gone up almsot 200 pts. Anything really change? if so, I'll give you another whack of the bamboo stick :p hehehe

Well, change, it's inevitable, so yes, not sure it was a bamboo pole, not sure it wasn't. Don't matter either way as long as the job gets done
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2011 :  6:49:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
haha yeah, nice reply :-D. Im a bit of a zen smart*ss. I've taken a liking to you and your intelectualising. Thats how I got back to "here" wherever that may be (through a lot of self enquiry, and just sitting and being kind of meditation + zen koans). Lose yourself only to find it again, without added features hehe. blahh, there's always a catch with those darn added features. hehehe

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000