New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  8:14:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by machart

Hi Ether,

The 30 min on the elliptical includes 7 min warm up and a 7 min cool down and my 8-9 intervals are 30 sec hard 90 sec easy...

I actually started doing this workout when you mentioned it a few monthes ago in the forums

I agree with you that this is the best use of time when it comes to cardio workouts...

Well that's different than I thought with the warm up and cool down. I'm honored that I inspired you to try it.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  02:17:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

quote:
Originally posted by Radharani

. . . I also agree with trying to introduce positive lifestyle changes, such as exercise, during your more "up" moments (however fleeting they may be). Taking such action will empower you. Wishing you all the best.

Don't wait for your "up" moments; you'll waste a lot of time procrastinating. I exercise when I'm down and it pulls me out of it. Of course you have to have the desire to change things first.

Ether, I would agree that exercise is very helpful when you are down IF you can do it; BUT he already said he is basically paralyzed and unable to do jack sh*t during his "down" times.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  08:32:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, he has no control of his life, and is asking for help. But nothing will help until you make the decision inside yourself to change things. It takes energy to get weed and hypodermic needles. Where I live those things aren't easy to come by. Nobody can make you improve; you have to start on your own. Once the decision is made in earnest, you will find help everywhere.
Go to Top of Page

Yaming

Switzerland
112 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  11:11:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Ether. It's like a chinese saying: The master can show you the door but it is you who has to walk through it.
This is in everything true. Someone can give you the best tools on earth to become enlightened, succesfull, to get out of depression or whatever you desire. It is always you who has to learn to use the tools and put them into action.
Wish you all the best zeroman52.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000