New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  1:47:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by zeroman52

I woke up to the thought of wanting to go home whatever that means... i want to go where i do not know but it makes me cry everytime it comes up, the first thing i did was go on here, sorry it is abit of a vent, i was not cursing anyone on here just whatever created me and this matrix of suffering that i can not escape.

We all have that desire of "want to go home"... but in order to do so, we have to be ready to receive.

We are all afraid to lose the mask, becasue that is something we are comfortable with.

Do you do any practices?
Go to Top of Page

zeroman52

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  2:03:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I ground myself it really works i feel it go out. practices no i come into this knowing nothing, i know i should be doing something but tbh i do not want too i have no motivation for life.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  2:08:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Why are you so against going to see a doctor?
Go to Top of Page

zeroman52

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  2:50:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tell me what for? what is he goingto do massage my ball say its ok. its done end of
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  5:06:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OK, so you are not against going to all doctors.

Have you considered going on an anti depressant?

By your lack of wanting contact with people, your need to isolate yourself, wanting to sleep, no interest in life... it sounds like you could use something to get you out of this low. Many here including me, have at some point hit a low that medication has helped with. Would you consider seeing someone for that?

It is not a permanent solution, but it gets you to a place where now you can add other things like exercise and meditation and other practices that can help you stay out of the low, begin to enjoy life and live it.... Once you feel like you have control over your state of being you can get off medication. It helps you see clearer and hence be in a place to receive the blessings that will help you find your way back home.
Again, just a suggestion.
Hope you can get out of this low soon.
Go to Top of Page

zeroman52

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  6:20:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
noooo way. chemical labotomy no thanks, it uses fluoride compounds. i need to change my enviroment and living situation whichim stuck in with no wayout thats all.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  6:50:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Then do something about the low that does not include chemicals.
Get into an exercise routine. Or is there a problem with that too?
Go to Top of Page

zeroman52

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  7:22:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
the lows come and crash me to the floor, the highs are good the lows are devstating the extreme is too much. i know exericising grounding helps and i do my own yoga but when im that low the idea of that is not enough to get me up and doing it. i shake i cry i curl up into a ball and wait for it to pass.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  7:45:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When you are in your high, how often do you exercise? Enough to make it a part of your daily living like brushing your teeth?

Are you addicted to anything, drugs, alcohol or any other mood altering stuff?
Go to Top of Page

zeroman52

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  7:47:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I smoke weed allmost daily at night time thats to chilldown and relax. im addicted to the bliss :)
Go to Top of Page

zeroman52

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  7:48:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i exercise when i feel the energy is there to use, i stretch all day i have too or i ache.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  7:55:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Stretching: Me too. We're not alone; animals do it.
What you have to do is make a decision to take action. Once you truly decide to do "whatever it takes" to lift you out of the lows, you will begin to change. Nobody else can help you until you make that decision.
Go to Top of Page

zeroman52

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  7:58:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it wouldnt be so hard but if say there no food to eat that will prolong it as i feel helpless.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  8:01:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you are addicted to the bliss why would you hit a low? You should be all blissed out at least once a day? How can you be low if you are in bliss?

Try to exercise even when you don't feel like you have the energy... exercise will give you energy to fight the low. You will never regret exercising, ever. Try it. It is a natural high.

Watch your diet, sometimes certain kinds of foods may make you feel low.

Also watch what kind of thinking patterns take you into a low. There is generally a set pattern to feeling low... and in most cases it is how we think. Once you identify this, try to stop yourself from going that way with the thoughts and the low, distract yourself. Keep yourself busy. I know you say you have no friends, do some volunteering, work with people you don't know, keep yourself engaged... It is easy to get self centered and self absorbed and not want to get out of that pattern. Small steps will take you a long way. It is a matter of breaking patterns that we get set in. See if you can see your pattern. See if you can stop the pattern from playing out every time. It may not always work, but if you can make it happen once or delay it, it will be a start.

And exercise... even when you don't want to... exercise.
Go to Top of Page

zeroman52

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  8:03:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
im in my own little hole that i cant get out from thats theproblem i give up and cry insteadof getting up and fightng on.
Go to Top of Page

zeroman52

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  8:10:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
im very sensitive atm esp to people i have strong empath traits. i can only handle small doses. Your right though exercise allways feels bettr. the highs and bliss are not constant some days it there some days not, some days it abit of both, i notice if i release through ejaculating i allways getup depressed the nextday and it pretty instant low after. thats the problem if i leave it i start getting really tight dense energy build up in my body es my hands it is uncomfortable, i shake my pelvis moves like it wants to hump away at nothing allmost like having sex with a ghost it hard to control.
Go to Top of Page

zeroman52

United Kingdom
47 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  8:14:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
the injection has dampened my sex drive enough to make it not so forcefull see how i go.
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  8:43:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Smoking cannabis on a daily basis or near daily basis for long periods of time might be contributing. You feel better for the hour after you smoke... but you feel worse for it the other 23 hours of the day. I know from experience. I smoked on a near daily basis for about 3 years. It contributes to lack of motivation and overall anxiety levels (even if it is relaxing for that first hour).

Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  11:38:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, weed intensifies emotions you already have. That and ejaculating too much can keep you down.
Sativa causes anxiety, and indica causes couch-lock. Both are counter-productive for feeling down.

As for exercise, there is one type that is extremely easy and only takes five minutes, but does a lot of good for those of us who are lazy (like me). It is called "peak eight", or the "Tabata Protocol" after the guy who discovered it. Here is how it is done:

Pick any exercise that uses large muscle groups, like running (I use a 'strider' machine).
Warm up a little
Go as HARD and FAST as you can for 20 seconds.
Slow way down and go easy for ten seconds.
Make sure you breathe deeply.
Repeat eight times.
The last time go slow longer for a cool down.

A Japanese guy Tabata discovered that this does more good than an hour of aerobics, and it stimulates human Growth Hormone (HGH). No other exercise does this, and after thirty or so the body doesn't normally generate it.
HGH has all kinds of healing properties, and this exercise makes you feel good!
Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  12:06:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ether,
I am a big fan of the peak 8 workout ... But I don't agree that 5 minutes is enough...and it is not extremely easy...nothing that is super easy will give real lasting results IMHO.

For those that want to get off pot exercise And meditation is the key...I alternate between hatha and ayp yoga and cardio using peak 8 on the elliptical for 30 minutes.

Pot is fun ...but it is a dead end and makes you lazy...my advice is to use it as a sacrament to enhance Bhakti...but only sparingly....then you will realize you don't really need it at all.

Edited by - machart on Dec 07 2011 12:16:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  02:17:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
machart, like your comment about cannabis.
zeroman, I agree with what Shanti said, above. You are describing classic symptoms of depression. If you are truly dead-set against seeing a doctor and/or using pharmaceuticals, but you are ok with herbs, you might consider trying St. John's Wort. It has actually been clinically shown to be at least as effective as synthetic drugs for balancing out mood. I also agree with trying to introduce positive lifestyle changes, such as exercise, during your more "up" moments (however fleeting they may be). Taking such action will empower you. Wishing you all the best.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  07:59:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Machart,
I was trying to introduce it in a way that sounds attractive to someone sitting on the couch smoking weed.
It is not a complete exercise plan, but is excellent for someone not doing anything. But 30 minutes? OMG, are you really going as hard and fast as you can during the peaks?
The object of tabata is to deprive the heart of oxygen for short periods of time to stimulate growth hormone, and tabata didn't have his professional athletes go for 30 minutes. Then he warns to start much easier if you are not a trained athlete.
you can tell if you are doing it right because the heart rate *increases* during the rest periods.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  08:08:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
and I agree about pot. If you do it once in very long time (like months) it can be beneficial. Last time it motivated me to make major changes in my life and take massive action. But regular usage can do the opposite, unless you are a very energetic person already, and don't have a habit of sitting still.

Edited by - Etherfish on Dec 07 2011 08:09:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  6:44:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ether,

The 30 min on the elliptical includes 7 min warm up and a 7 min cool down and my 8-9 intervals are 30 sec hard 90 sec easy...

I actually started doing this workout when you mentioned it a few monthes ago in the forums

I agree with you that this is the best use of time when it comes to cardio workouts...
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  8:08:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Radharani

. . . I also agree with trying to introduce positive lifestyle changes, such as exercise, during your more "up" moments (however fleeting they may be). Taking such action will empower you. Wishing you all the best.

Don't wait for your "up" moments; you'll waste a lot of time procrastinating. I exercise when I'm down and it pulls me out of it. Of course you have to have the desire to change things first.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000