AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 High and low energy at the same time?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2011 :  11:45:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I always have to watch out for overload and I have a lot of kundalini running around with all the symptoms described in AYP.

At the same time I have no "energy". Went to a chinese doc/akupuncture who just sighed and said I was very, very low in energy.

How do these energies relate? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2011 :  12:22:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That chinese doc must be either wrong or a phony for that matter.... Whenever I am in overload mode, I go jumping around and running all over the place and feel I have to burn or shed off a lot of energy.

This is my opinion. But then again that doc might be speaking of some other kind of energy beyond my humble knowledge.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2011 :  12:37:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hm. I'm not like that.

Symptoms of kundalini:

- Emotional swings
- Tinnitus
- Burning heat inside
- Headache, pressure on the head
- Rashes (several kinds of), itching chakras
- Inner orgasms (don't know if that's what's referred to as "ecstatic") in the field in/around my body
- feeling energy going from root chakra and upwards

Symptoms of low energy:

- Always tired
- Not rested when waking up in the morning
- Have no energy to do things I have to, like housework
- Exhausted after exercise, whether a walk in the forest or some nice dancing
- Decreased cognitive skills in general
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2011 :  12:38:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Emc,

The energies can operate on two different perceived frequencies. Kundalini operates/originates at an unconscious level. Your perceived low/no energy is at your conscious level.

This may be hard to believe, but "you" have unlimited energy. In your meditation, try to "feel it", it is there. If you relax into it and catch the wave, as Ananda says, you will be jumping and running all over the place.

Also, try to smile more... It will help build up the energy.

Love.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2011 :  12:53:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

Hm. I'm not like that.

Symptoms of kundalini:

- Emotional swings
- Tinnitus
- Burning heat inside
- Headache, pressure on the head
- Rashes (several kinds of), itching chakras
- Inner orgasms (don't know if that's what's referred to as "ecstatic") in the field in/around my body
- feeling energy going from root chakra and upwards

Symptoms of low energy:

- Always tired
- Not rested when waking up in the morning
- Have no energy to do things I have to, like housework
- Exhausted after exercise, whether a walk in the forest or some nice dancing
- Decreased cognitive skills in general

This is what I went, and you can either take it all in as you seem to be doing or you can jump around and try and be as much physically active as you can and lower down these symptoms.

You see, I use these overloading symptoms for physical activity and this seems to make me more active and less tired.

It has been tried more than once over here. So it's worth if you give it a shot I guess. That way you'll be much more stable.

What I've found very grounding lately and have changed my relation with my practices is lifting light weights for an increased number of cycles.

Hope this helps.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2011 :  1:03:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc,

sorry I have to ask you: are you consciously or subconsciously yearning
to feel the kundalini energies ?
Remember: you are the driver in your body, and you must have control.
It seems to me that something is draining you. If I am in such a situation
as you described, then I would concentrate on self-protection.
If this does not feel true for you (I may be totally off track), then ignore
my input.

Wolfgang
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  01:58:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
jeff,
yes, that sounds plausible, the conscious/unconscious distinction. Thanks for your suggestions.

ananda,
yes, you are probably right that more excercise is a good thing. I am lazy with the walking. Thanks for the reminder!

Wolfgang,
I am not consciously interested in the kundalini anylonger. Subconsciously... how would I know?

You are correct, there's a lot draining me at the moment. And that's why I was a bit puzzled that the kundalini doesn't seem to help to give her power to support.

What comes to my mind, though, is that early in our forum debates I remember we spoke about how kundalini can burn out the nervous system. That many diagnosed with "burn out depression" actually had had a kundalini rising, and didn't know about it. And when it comes to that point, kundalini is more destructive than benevolent. It might be what is happening in this nervous system.

I am the driver. I'm slowly dealing with each and every issue that's blocking the flow. Just had to ventilate this paradoxical high/low energy situation, and you guys were kind enough to answer. Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

Sanjeev

India
32 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  08:09:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Emc,

I've recently gone through similar situation as yours. All I can say is, this happens to some people.
Imho, Kundalini excess does not always equate to excess of "physical energy". By physical energy I mean the ability to feel very light, happy and no tiredness even after a lot of activity.

Sometimes, it means exactly opposite. I do not claim to know the reason or any "cure" for this. I have tried staying away from all kind of spiritual work and letting the body find its balance on its own. Once you start feeling "normal", approach the practices with care and see what drains you most, and control it. This seems to work for me.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  09:38:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

You are correct, there's a lot draining me at the moment. And that's why I was a bit puzzled that the kundalini doesn't seem to help to give her power to support.

What comes to my mind, though, is that early in our forum debates I remember we spoke about how kundalini can burn out the nervous system. That many diagnosed with "burn out depression" actually had had a kundalini rising, and didn't know about it. And when it comes to that point, kundalini is more destructive than benevolent. It might be what is happening in this nervous system.

I am the driver. I'm slowly dealing with each and every issue that's blocking the flow. Just had to ventilate this paradoxical high/low energy situation, and you guys were kind enough to answer. Thank you!

So good to see you back emc... missed you.

This has been my experience...
When there is high kundalini energy flowing through our nervous system while we still have major blocks in our nervous system, tiredness is experienced. But recently someone pointed out to me that the tiredness is actually more mental.

When there is high energy, more blocks are getting dissolved... each of these blocks are memories that are stored in our body and as the block is released, the memories flood us and this makes us think more, analyze more and worry more... which makes us tired. If, instead of going into thinking/worrying mode (this is natural, we dont do it on purpose, its just the way the body/mind works) we see what is being released, acknowledge it and we let the block go without analyzing it with the mind and feel the energy it is freeing up (each block in our body ties up a lot of energy that is released when the block is released) ... we will actually feel energized instead of tired.

The energy released can go into more thinking/mind stories and make us tired... or just freed up and energize us. It is important to see the block, acknowledge it and let it go in stillness like samyama... but mind level analyzing is not always required (at times it does help). Letting it go will give us access to the energy released from that block to heal us.

It took me some time to unlearn the old way of analyzing the release and enjoy the energy that came with the release... but once we can do this, the tiredness is reduced by a lot.

Not saying it is easy, but definitely worth a try if you'd like to try it.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  11:44:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sanjeev, deep thanks for your reply! Yes, self-pacing practices is an important part of it. I do that too. Good to know I'm not alone.

Shanti,
Beautiful explanation! Thank you, sweetest! I guess that's similar to what jeff was pointing out (?).

Yes, I feel that release when blockages are freed. That's what I'm doing, although not so fast, not every day.

Hm... just gave me a thought that... the more kundalini wants to clean the system, the greater also the resistance... not because of fear necessarily, but as a fuse! A safety mechanism, so that the nervous system doesn't get flooded but has time to integrate? When there's a lot of blockages we have to take it carefully, one by one. So the tiredness is sort of driving with the brakes on all the time. That's why I leave so much smoke behind....

If nothing else, this situation brings great opportunities for self-compassion, patience and trust. Life is serving me by having me unemployed during this period of cleansing.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  12:47:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc,

Yes, I believe you are correct. Shanti is saying the same thing as I was. She is just more eloquent.

Kundalini (or unconscious energy) is always there and is your friend. It just gets a bad rap because most people only notice it as it bumps into issues/attachments. These bundles of attachments are in essence the "Ego". As you "clear out space", it becomes easier.

The "tiredness" is probably less a safety mechanism and more a defense mechanism for the "Ego". "Integration" is basically just acceptance.

If you don't mind, a hard question for you to consider... "Do you like yourself?"

If you answer "no", that is the Ego. If you think it is a stupid question and smile, then...

The Ego finds it impossible to laugh at itself.

Love and a

Edited by - jeff on Nov 29 2011 2:38:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  2:29:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cool you see it emc...

Yes, Jeff is the person I referred to in my post above... he mentioned what I wrote above about "the energy released when the block dissolves" to me when I had posted in the "Something to Try" topic... http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....page=2#83564

Thanks for chiming in Jeff. Good post.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  4:40:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
The "tiredness" is probably less a safety mechanism and more a defense mechanism for the "Ego". "Integration" is basically just acceptance.

intresting perspective
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  5:18:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jeff, that's sort of the question I'm considering... However, I stick to Yogani's device that it's an actual transformation of the nervous system that indeed takes its integration/time. No matter what advaitans say (that it's an instant thing and just a matter of acceptance).

I wrote a post a few months ago, but deleted it, about this... I didn't get any answer on it for weeks, so I took it away. Had a session with a very sharp, realized guy, who saw right through AND chose to speak clearly and not in zenkoans. (Very rare indeed).

He saw that I had become very good at using stillness as a means for suppression, so good that I might make the shift any day. But I wouldn't enjoy it. Shifting is possible with a regulated OR unregulated nervous system. (That's why we can see some realized people/teachers having loads of weird behaviours.) Brilliant spiritual bypassing - although not very benevolent. He pointed out the necessity to be very cautious and gentle when cleansing the major trauma that was bypassed. Severe traumas are seriously stuck in the nervous system and needs a careful release. And he said it was urgent. Due to the massive kundalini, my nerves were about to burn if they didn't find the connection they needed.

So, slowly working on regulating the system.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  5:50:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc,

Your realized guy sounds very sharp. Also, I definitely agree that there is a transformation of the nervous system. I have my own "battle scars" to prove it. I have just found that there is a direct correlation between "issues/fears/attachments" and "energy obstructions" in the nervous system. I tend to describe them as energy obstructions.

We also seem to share a belief in the careful going. As I have told some, you can't just "skip over" or ignore Ego issues/Obstructions, there may be a "crying child" trapped in one.

Sorry I missed your earlier post. I would be interested in seeing it. Could you email it to me?

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  02:04:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Shifting is possible with a regulated OR unregulated nervous system

so true emc...your enlightened guy gave you accurate insights
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  04:00:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
jeff,
quote:
Originally posted by emc

I wrote a post a few months ago, but deleted it, about this... I didn't get any answer on it for weeks, so I took it away.

Sorry, wiped out. Yes, the crying children needs some tender, love and care.

maheswari,
Yep. It was actually a marvellous session. As I said, no zenkoans. He also saw that I had been wobbling so much "in and out of time" and had gotten totally lost. I have asked here in forum many times, and Yogani has kindly answered all my wonderings about what different "places" in consciousness actually is, if it's supposed to feel like this or that etc. And I've always been insecure if where I'm at is what others describe. So this guy actually took me on a "Tour of consciousness" - drawing a map! Absolutely fabulous! To get direct feed-back that "now you're here" "when it feels like this you are there". Blessed!!! And much confusion gone. And lots of confirmation that I intuitively know this area, I just don't dare to trust it as yet.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  08:47:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

jeff, [quote]Originally posted by emc

So this guy actually took me on a "Tour of consciousness" - drawing a map! Absolutely fabulous! To get direct feed-back that "now you're here" "when it feels like this you are there". Blessed!!! And much confusion gone. And lots of confirmation that I intuitively know this area, I just don't dare to trust it as yet.

Sounds very cool. . Is it something that you can share or describe?

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  5:01:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hm. I hesitate doing that, from earlier experiences here in forum. See, it seems as if... when the words doesn't come from that deeper place the moment they are written, they are not valid. People would respond to the frequency from which the words are written, and not to the content. So as long as I write about former experiences from a mind frequency (memory) I will only get responses that tries to lecture me up on how mindy I am and just making things up from a rational mind point of view, and most people will suggest I start meditating and relaaaax the analysing mind that only tries to fool me into believing I'm pretending to be beyond my evolution. Tired of getting those responses, so I'd rather not write about such things when not writing from that place.

I can mention one thing, though, that had a major impact on my further functioning, and it has to do with the automatic movements. I have many sorts of them, and the problem with all of them has been that they have been felt to be "automatic", out of my control.

Particularly the kind of jerky movements, he pointed out, was another way to escape! It's generally explained as "kundalini hitting blockages creating muscle spasms". For me - it was a defense mechanism - squatting the cleansing kundalini away without letting her do her job properly! I sort of "shaked her off me". He held me in a space and taught me how to actually slow the jerk down, even stop it totally, and let the energy actually go INTO the blockage and release it instead, something that didnt' happen when it was "jerked away".

The only way I had been able to "stop" them before, was by going into "mind" frequency again, to find my "personal will" and force it to stop. (That's how it was felt and experienced, to forecome all advaitans that will point out that that is all false, sorry to disturb you with my language). As soon as I went more into "being", leaving the personal will disarmed, the "automacy" of it would be felt to take over. A very strange and weird sensation came during our session, that I from "being" actually could influence it without having to use mind force! It turned out that "I can only control it from mind" was a subconscious assumption hindering further development. Can't explain it better than that. Perhaps it is what others refer to as "You are the driver" - it's just not the personal identity taking cred for being the driver anylonger? Don't know, doesn't matter. Anyway, the result is markedly decreased jerks, almost down to nothing, and should the "itch" come to shake the energy away, there's now an ability to "control" the happening from another place.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  5:35:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc,

Thanks for sharing. I understand your point and if you have ever read any of my posts... I am always pushing the need for translating context. Too much is lost otherwise.

My K experience has been similar... Early on, I learned how to "take control" or guide the energy. The problem is that the "conscious me" doesn't know where the obstructions/issues are (otherwise I would have dealt with them). My strategy has been to just "open" myself to the energy and surrender to the flow. It seems to know what it is doing...

Also, with practice (or really just releasing) you can "create" or allow greater conscious energy for your daily life.

Thanks for the thoughtful discussion.

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  03:22:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jeff,

thanks for you kind replies.

May I ask who "I" is felt to be/is pointing to for you, in your sentence: "I learned how to "take control" or guide the energy."?

Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  08:47:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc,

That is a very perceptive and difficult question to answer.

Also why I was interested in your consciousness map.

Don't know if it helps, but it "feels" like one step behind the witness state.

Love.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000