Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Yoga and K. symptoms
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  11:02:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,
I have a question related to Yoga and K. symptoms.
Earlier in another post of mine I asked if Yoga can lead to K. symptoms and the answer from Forum members was that, Yes, it can lead to K. symptoms. So, my question here is that if Yoga by itself can lead to K symptoms, but also too much DM can lead to K. symptoms (as Yogani always caution we need to pace), then for someone like me who is doing both Yoga and DM (since it is my job to be a yoga instructor), then if any of these practices can lead to K. symptoms, how do I know which one is off and causing the K. symptoms so that I stop that to alleviate them?
Are the K. symptoms from each practice different, or are they the same and if they are the same then how do we know which is the offending practice so we stop it, or tone it down?
Thank you.
==========

Edited by - Chrisk on Dec 07 2011 11:48:17 AM

Searching

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  5:28:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I know someone will ask, what type of yoga are you doing? I know that kundalini yoga is pretty powerful stuff and can potentially cause some symptoms. However, I know some asanas can help balance your DM before the symptoms start. If it is NOT the aerobic type yoga, you can do it before your DM to help achieve a deeper meditation. Aerobic yoga should be done afterwards.
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  07:20:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the clarification. Yes, i was talking about Asanas. And you are correct about the pre- and post- yoga exercises that can help.
As for Kundalini Yoga, it is advanced practice involving pranayama as well which the latter part in combination, or alone can be dangerous.

Edited by - Chrisk on Dec 08 2011 07:50:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  8:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chrisk,

Kundalini symptoms are caused by the awakening of the kundalini energy. This can happen due to asana practice, or meditation practice, or a combination of both. Symptoms are not different in either case. Most kundalini symptoms are harmless and normal and are nothing to worry about. If you are experiencing symptoms which are causing you pain, or undue stress, then you should cut down on the amount of time you spend practicing yoga each day, which means cutting down on both asana time and meditation time.
Go to Top of Page

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  06:05:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What type of yoga practice do you do Chris?

I find the nature and sequencing of asana during practice can make a huge difference. I know if I do not ground and close down properly by relaxing after practice it can leave me feeling extremely energized or very tired, emotional and sensitive...it just depends on what sort of practice I have done.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  08:44:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kahlia,

I find the same thing, that the nature of the asana practice makes a big difference. Asana practice can be done in a way to enliven prana, which can lead to the symptoms, but at times I have used asana practice as a way of releasing excess energy in the body and thus avoided energetic overload because of it.

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Dec 11 2011 09:41:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  9:58:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I like to do it as much as possible as well.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000