AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 spinal bastrika
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2011 :  10:05:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I tried doing just a little bit of the spinal bastrika the last three days or so... just a touch like 1-2 minutes maximum.

Wow, i feel like killing myself today

Good god the spinal bastrika really packs a punch. Regular bastrika, no problem... but the spinal version which i did in between asanas/spinal breathing and meditation, is a different story altogether.

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  08:50:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hahaha, no takers?

Anyone been using spinal bastrika in practice? I feel like it's just what i need, but I will need to take it on slowly
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  11:18:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've tried it a couple times. I didn't feel like practicing the next day, one of my common signs of overload.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  11:47:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I had the same thing. I took yesterday off completely.

I was surprised by the intensity of that practice... I wonder what a good amount of time to start with is?

I feel directed to practice the spinal bastrika, but obviously I've got to go about it in a sensible way.
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  2:42:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I feel a sense of "inner burn/heat/feverish" whenever I do that. Especially after the energy practices and before meditation.

I think best way to self-pace is by starting with number of breaths than time. I started with 20 breaths and built it upto 50
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  2:54:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, initially i felt a lot of heat, and then later physical vitality. But by the late evening, I was way too charged up. Lot's of weird sensations all night, especially at some sensitive points.

Then the next morning I felt good in a way, but in a terrible, terrible mood.

I feel ready for the spinal bastrika. Maybe I will try to do just 10 breaths or something. I didn't do very much at all and it's still getting me today a bit.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000