Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 god's breath
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  3:37:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I don't know what to call this, but when I do some light spinal breathing, I feel the energy flow up and down, often times not in synch with my breath. It feels really nice to follow the energy though and force it in synch with my breath. I'm wondering if this is something of a higher nature, as if you were breathing with god. I've been reaching high states lately too (well for a long enough while). I thought I got enlightened last weekendend (though, whenever I say this, I know there's always more to my journey to enlightenment).

Anyway, if anyone has heard of anything like "god's breath" or experiences the same thing with their spinal breathing, it'd be cool to hear your input.

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  4:23:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Divineis,

What you are experiencing is very common. The "energy" follows your attention. Most people naturally sync up their breath and attention. Many find it actually harder to separate them as you were originally doing.

Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  05:04:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have no worthwhile input to what you have said Divineis. But I absolutely love the idea of God's breath! It is indeed a "divine" idea.
Go to Top of Page

Mikananda

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  05:46:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Greetings

Some humble thoughts from this yogi. There is so much to say about this subject that one finds it difficult to know where to begin. In other systems one purposely syncs the breathe with the attention of the energy flowing up and down the spine. You want to develop a feeling of the cool air moving up the spine as you take in a breathe and the feeling of the warm air going down the spine as you exhale. One should think of the spine like a bar magnet. The bottom being south and the top being north. What we are trying to do is to magnetize the spine. What makes a bar of metal a magnet is that all of the atoms a facing the same direction (north and south). The spine is called the highway to heaven. When the spine has become magnetized it will draw together all of the energy (prana) throughout the body to the spine. This is called pratyahara. The limb that proceeds dharana (concentration). Enough from me for now. He who speaks never learns .

Edited by - Mikananda on Nov 24 2011 06:00:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mikananda

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  10:11:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Greetings

A few further thoughts and more specifically to "god's breathe." The sixth chakra (Ajna) is the where one finds the medulla oblongata. This is the negative pole of the sixth chakra and the seat of the ego. It is also the point in the brain that controls autonomic functions such as breathing. In addition, it is the point where the sperm and oval join in the womb from which the whole body is developed. It is the only point in the body that can not be operated on. It is also called the "Mouth of GOD." It is called the Mouth of GOD because this where the prana (life force energy flows into the body). "It has been written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.' As such, this is like the breathe of GOD coming and going into our bodies. My opinion is that the experience Divineis has during spinal breathing is a manfestation of these facts. Joy.

Edited by - Mikananda on Nov 24 2011 10:58:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  11:21:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cool, thanks for sharing guys :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000