Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 pain and yoga nidra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  01:24:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Had some interesting experiences with pain recently where I was able to go into meditation and offer it up and watch it dissolve in ecstasy. I had already been doing that with mental/emotional pain/spiritual obstructions, using a variation of the heart breathing that Yogani mentioned a while back, and also with samyama. In a state of deep surrender I have felt such obstructions burn away in the ecstasy of divine love. Well the other day I experienced this with physical pain, too. I have an old shoulder injury that flares up sometimes; in this particular instance I think I actually just "slept on it wrong" (happens when we get old!) which resulted in a "knot" in the muscle between the spine and shoulder blade right behind the hridaya, and also pain shooting down the median nerve, causing muscle spasm in the forearm and pain and tingling in the fingers. When I tried to type, it was so severe that I began sweating and became nauseous and had to lie down because it felt like I would pass out. So while lying on my waterbed I did some ujjayi and spinal breathing, got to a very deep place of stillness and breathed into the painful areas. I went into the nerves and felt the pain as intense pressure, as resistance. At the same time, whenever I am in such a deep state (and very often even in "ordinary consciousness") I can feel divine love/ecstasy pouring through every cell in my body, so I was like, "How can God be present in all my other cells that are partying in divine bliss, while these ones are in pain, surely God is present in them, too?" I went deeper into the particular areas and when I let go of the resistance, I could feel the nerve impulses as intense ecstasy, especially the muscle knot behind the hridaya. I remembered my teacher says "healing is in the pain" so I focused on allowing the body to do whatever it needs to do to heal, without resistance, and it was delightful, like the pain was burning up in flames of divine love. Without the resistance there was no more pain, similar to what happened with the mental/emotional pain. It was really awesome! Unfortunately I am unable to maintain such a deep meditative state while carrying out activities such as typing medical reports (and in addition, typing aggravated the muscle cramping) so I still lost some time from my job, just beginning to recover now, but it was a really cool experience.

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  01:35:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  1:53:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great post !
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  3:26:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
nice. I've had a miraculous tummy ache go away once while meditating. I just thought about forgetting it, and I felt green light go to it (im pretty sure it was green anyway), and then the pain just, like you said, got filled with light/energy, and in a few seconds all pain was gone.

I've spent days straight worrying about pain and torture and trying to lessen that in people going through such things. Im actually trying to help out a burn victim these days. I just thought of pain (actually about 5 minutes ago) and how it's needed just for instictual bodily reasons, and thought that any pain more than that is not needed, which brought me to a higher state that I tried to share with the burn victim.
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  4:24:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting that you mention green light for healing. Years ago I read or perhaps some one told me, I don't recall which, that we can use green light to heal our bodies, especially using visualization. I had occasion to do this over the years and always had good response.
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  1:55:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is beautiful- All of your posts are so inspiring and interesting to read, thank you for sharing
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  4:12:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much for your kind words! Honestly sometimes I feel somewhat alone in the world - I mean, there's all this Love pouring through me and I love everybody but it seems there are very few, even in my yoga teachers' community, who really understand and relate. I have found such a wonderful sangha here at AYP. You have no idea how dear you are to me...
By the way, I had the opportunity to do this same yoga nidra practice with menstrual cramps the other day and it worked really well.

Edited by - Radharani on Dec 06 2011 4:12:54 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000